Jardinains 2! Release Candidate 2 (FINAL) is out!

Community Forums/Showcase/Jardinains 2! Release Candidate 2 (FINAL) is out!

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#1]
OK, I'm getting really close to having this one ready for launch. It ain't completely bug free, but it seems to be running smoothly on the majority of systems, and in general, I'm satisfied.

The game is virtually content complete; just a few more tweaks here and there and a bit more music, and it'll be out the door. I hope to go gold on the 15th.

You can download the latest version at:

http://www.jardinains2.com/home/?page_id=4

(If you have a previous testing version installed, be sure to completely uninstall it before installing the latest version.)

Screen shot still available at:

http://blitzmax.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1383

Try it out, and let me know what you think!

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi Tom,

I just want to both, congratulate you and thank you for the hard work you have put into this game. I have had to keep downloading your latest version as my dad absoloutely loves this game :o) Once again, well done and keep up the hard work man :o)

Ash

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hey, thanks!

With just a bit of luck, this'll be the last version with an expiration date...

polygoon(Posted 2006) [#4]
Just had a look at the screenie - you do realise your shadows are back to front don't you?

That brick pattern shows the mortar shadowed onto the brick faces, and it should be the bricks which are shown shadowed onto the mortar.

Sorry, but that's how it looks. <ducks and runs for cover>

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well, there goes my release date...

*grin*

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#6]
Oh sweet! I remember this one! Glad it's finally gonna release! Please tell me both pirates and ninjas made it in this version??

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks pretty good, good luck with it. Screenies look a bit "programmer art", gotta say...

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#8]
Liberator: full version, yep: pirates, ninjas, robots, zombies, and surly ballerinas. Free version: just the occasional pirate.

Grey: Thanks, and yeah. i'm a programmer first, artist second. I'm practising, tho...

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
I'm practising, tho...
Yep, aren't we all?

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#10]
Dont know whats happened this time but I'm getting double vision on the ball. i.e. two balls not quite on top of each other.
Appears regardless of any settings I change quality, effects etc. although they are further apart depending on speed.
Also I still get nothing at all appear except ball and explosions in DirectX, not in any version.

Same PC setup (below) as I've used to play all previous versions.

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#11]
Geehawk: the "nothing at all" graphics bug is most likely a driver issue, since I'm using stock-standard BlitzMax calls for all my graphics work.

How old is your system/gfx card, just out of curiosity?

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#12]
System 6 years. Graphics card 12 months or so.

I'm not bothered overly by the lack of DirectX seeing as OpenGL works fine. Its just that now I have this double ball issue on the latest version it makes it hard to play without getting a headache. :-(

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#13]
I'm looking into the double-ball issue. I don't know what's causing it...