Bongo sample

Community Forums/Showcase/Bongo sample

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here you can find a sample of my first serious try in Blitz3D, the Bongo:
http://moraldi.filefront.com/
I am a hobbyist and this project started just for fun but I would be glad to know your opinion/criticism about any aspect of this sample. My target is a Croc style game. I have spend all of my free time (I mean after my work) during the last 8 months. The concept is simple: Collect as many diamonds you can, get the level key and open the Juice door to go to the next stage...
I can spend a reasonable amount of euros to get a nice cartoonist character for the player of the game (I am not a modeler/animator). So don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have somthing interesting...

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Cool, well done :)

When I walked out the gap in the wall and turned around, I could see through the wall as there were no polygons on that side. Though that's probably because you haven't got round to putting any there yet.

Couldn't work out what to do once I'd picked up all the gems and apples and killed the troll thing. How do I open this juice door?

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#3]
get the gold key and you can see a small hand to the lower left of the screen. This means that you can open a door of the wooden fence. Go and touch this fence from the right side of the BONGO when the sample starts...

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#4]
When I press the down key, the character just rotates left as though I'm pressing the left key, instead of backing up.

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#5]
You are right!. I have to fix that. I didn't decide yet exactly the character behavior after the left, right and back key press. Any idea?