Blokatak - NEW VERSION!

Community Forums/Showcase/Blokatak - NEW VERSION!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've taken a new direction with Blokatak. Please take a moment to give the latest version a try and let me know what you think. Many thanks.

I guess this is still more of a tech demo than a game...

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS NOT FINISHED. DO NOT REPORT BUGS. PLEASE DO GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK HOWEVER!

To do (known problems – yes there are more! These are the ones to fix first!)
* Currently only ‘front’ of block is shown when selected. This means that blocks could be positioned incorrectly
* Add some sound effects to give some audible clue as to what the hell is going on.
* If a block goes over the edge then drop it back into the playing area

http://www.boiledsweets.com/techdemos/bin/Blokatak0.02build3.zip

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#2]
Downloading to test it out. =)

EDIT: Bah! I don't wanna install a WIP to test it out. =(

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#3]
Ok since it's you I installed it anyways.

The skybox/environment looks really great. I'm one of those people that don't read instructions so I tried to play it and couldn't even move a puzzle piece. Guess I gotta go read the instructions...brb. ;P

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
Eh?

whats the problem? It's work in progress that's all, why is this a problem?

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#5]
EDIT: Bah! I don't wanna install a WIP to test it out. =(

You would rather type 57 characters and click at least three times with the mouse than to click a few buttons in a simple and intuitive installer?

I do think a full installer is often a bit overkill, though. Simple self-extracting archives are fine...
Although, if you've already set up an installer, a self-extractor can be ridiculously painful to create since WinRar and WinZip are horrible at it.

My thoughts so far:

-The mouse is too sensitive for me. There should be a sensitivity adjuster somewhere...

-The menu is nice :)

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#6]
You would rather type 57 characters and click at least three times with the mouse than to click a few buttons in a simple and intuitive installer?

My 57 characters and 3 clicks might save someone else from having to install a WIP tech demo. ;)

I agree with Pick....mouse is way to sensative here too. Menu is really good.

Back to testing...

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#7]
Whoa....I fired off about 20 balls...then moved to the side and looked down to watch them disappear then I crashed to desktop with a MAV. Trying to duplicate it again atm.