Random Stuff - Need opinions

Community Forums/Showcase/Random Stuff - Need opinions

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey. these are some little misc. projects i've been working in and i wondered what everyone else thought about them.

This is a dragon screen saver that I made for a friend:

This is a mistake in texturing that turned out as a good head to be speared through a stick in a village.

This is StealthRoom, a two to 200 player internet first person shooter with a twist - YOU CAN'T SEE THE OTHER PLAYERS! You have to use any method possible to locate your enemy! The shot shows a bleaker level and a detonating trigger mechanism.

Cruis.In(Posted 2006) [#2]
well what you have shown leaves little to comment on.

the idea about the FPS is kind of cool though :)
id play it

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#3]
The idea for StealthRoom just kinda gradually came. I was playing Halo and thought "I'm going to try to do this with the mario guy from the castle demo". I failed to get the guy to respond corectly, so I deleted him and started again.

StealthRoom Features:

1-200 players internet
1-4 players local
mouse,keys,joystick,Xboxcontroller compatible
whole bunch of arenas
etc.

I'm currently trying to get the four player splitscreen to work.

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#4]
I'm thinking how I could program a wallhack so I can see the other players in Stealth Room and then act like I'm all better than everyone else. I play too much COD2.

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#5]
I'm not going to release the source if that's what you're hinting at. Trust Me, It will be un-hackable.

P.S. I don't really like the name "StealthRoom"
Anyone got any better names?

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#6]
Nice.

"Invisible" sounds cool.

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#7]
Fuller: Trust me, there is no such thing as non-hackable as long as you are dealing with clients <-> server (which you probably do if you claim that 200 can play at once)

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#8]
I was making a little joke. I'd never hack anyones server. That would be impolite.

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#9]
Yeah.
I noticed your sig for the first time, you made Homespun?