Sensational Soccer

Community Forums/Showcase/Sensational Soccer

siread(Posted 2006) [#1]
Sensational Soccer has been released over at www.NewStarGames.com. Download it here:

http://download.newstargames.com/Install_Sensational.exe

It was coded entirely in BlitzPlus. Here's the blurb...

Take control of your favourite team in this classically styled football action game. Ping one-touch passes around, dribble your way through the defence and place a curving shot in the top corner! Compete in league and cup competitions or even play against your friends. Once you start playing you won't be able to stop!

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'm a big Sensi fan and after the shocker which was Sensi 2006, I was looking forward to a go on this.

Once you start playing you won't be able to stop!

True, for all the wrong reasons. It can't be stopped unless you use the Task Manager!!

You may want to fix all the bugs mate before you expect anyone to pay for it!!

I found it totally unplayable .. within 5 secs my keeper attempted a save but kept going right until he hit the stand ... most of the players were wandering about aimlessly and I was unable to take the by-kick. Uninstalled it immediately.

BTW, Joystick control does not work.

Animation is almost non-existent.

Not sure if there's copyright rules on using the real team names. You may want to check that out before you sell it.

I'd like to play this but I'm not impressed with the demo so far. Sorry.

Stevie

puki(Posted 2006) [#3]
This looks interesting.

A bit of a shame as I always hated this type of football game - I prefer the Fifa/PSS side-on (touchline cam) view.

However, this is certainly a nice-looking attempt. A bit more polish and Idigicon will be begging you to hand it over.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#4]
Stevie G: sorry but it worked fine on my machine, exited fine and the keeper did nothing strange. joypad worked fine when sellected in the option screen!

its a good sensi soccor style game, bit hard to score at the moment but im sure theres a trick to it. best indie football game ive played.

only thing when it first starts raining and it flickers a bit i thought it was the erroring, the rain looks ok but its the flash before it starts.

Pete

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hmmm, maybe I was a wee bit harsh there. I'll try it again when I get home and hopefully have some positive feedback.

Stevie

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#6]
i imagine that football games are a bit hard to program, i wouldnt know where to start i was quite impressed. its not pro eve, but it good fun.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#7]
Ok, tried it again. I had already selected the joystick via the options menu the first time - maybe something to do with the analogue turned on. Worked ok this time and no bugs ... other that not being able to quit mid-match.

It's not bad but not my cup of tea. It tries hard to be Sensi and falls well short of the mark. Much better than Jon Hart's 2006 effort though!! The pace was very slow and controls combersome and unintuative. I found it tough to get any passing moves going and more times than not thought I had the ball only to find it was left behind. I'm also not a fan of the power bar for shooting either - for me the length of time you hold the button is more intuitive and takes away the luck element in terms of power.

The players are pretty up to date though .. I was surprised to score my one and only goal with Sibo for the Mighty Gers against the other half of the old firm :)

I can appreciate the work that goes into footy games, especially the AI etc.. so best of luck with it. Some day I'll give it a bash myself.

Stevie

siread(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks for the feedback guys. Stevie, try shooting with a tap of the shoot button. Performs an auto-shot, so no power bar needed. :)