Pixel Fist - Fast, Stable and Easy to use modules

Community Forums/Showcase/Pixel Fist - Fast, Stable and Easy to use modules

Warren(Posted 2006) [#1]
I know a lot of you don't read the main page of the site so you won't see the news item coming through (hopefully), so I'm announcing it here as well.

I'm now selling BlitzMax modules at my site, Pixel Fist ( http://www.pixelfist.com ). I'm getting off the ground with a module for handling time/timers, and will be adding many more over time.

The modules are priced reasonably and once you buy one, it's yours for life (including updates). Release as many games as you want using it on as many platforms as you want. Go nuts!

As new modules are completed, I'll announce them here in the forum. Or you can check back on my site every now and then.

Thanks!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#2]
Wassup with the included timer functions? (apart from being screwed on OSX :) ) Yours do work on OSX?

Warren(Posted 2006) [#3]
They should. Did you try the demo? :)

What's the specific OSX thing I should be aware of?

SpaceAce(Posted 2006) [#4]
Have you ever encountered this problem: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=63391 ? I've had problems when rapidly creating/deleting/starting/stopping the BlitzMax TTimers. If your timer module gets rid of that problem, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

SpaceAce

Warren(Posted 2006) [#5]
SpaceAce

I don't have a "StopTimer" function but you could easily just create a new timer in place of the old one using the same variable. I can't imagine that what you experienced in that thread would happen with my system.

Tell you what - buy my module and give it a shot. If it doesn't do what you want I'll either make it work and release an update or refund your money. You can't lose. :)

SpaceAce(Posted 2006) [#6]
Done, I'll let you know what happens.

SpaceAce

SpaceAce(Posted 2006) [#7]
Your module zip file seems to be corrupted. I've downloaded it several times and tried multiple unzipping utilities.

SpaceAce

Warren(Posted 2006) [#8]
SpaceAce

Hey, could you check your email? I'd like to figure out what the problem is. I downloaded the zip on all 3 of my boxes here (PC, Mac and Linux) and it unzips nicely on all of them for me.

UPDATE: We got it open successfully with winrar.

TeaVirus(Posted 2006) [#9]
Just wanted to say that I finally replaced my existing timing system with this module (bought it a while ago) and I'm really happy with the results. It has simplified my main timing code quite a bit and and makes it easier to plug in incidental timers here and there where needed. A simple little module that makes my life easier and to me is worth the price. Anyway, bumping this because I think it's worth a look.