JBR(Posted 2006) [#1]

Download Here

'A' rotate left
'S' rotate right
'B' fire
'N' thrust
'SPACE' - smart

The fps counter is at top right.

The first level is just for testing; if you let plenty of crafts on screen & then fly around allowing them to bash into each other and report the fps it would be appreciated. (& your machine specs).

Thanks
Jim

degac(Posted 2006) [#2]
Dead link?

JBR(Posted 2006) [#3]
Should be working now.
Jim

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#4]
I tried it and it runs smooth all the time. I have a lot of opinions about the actual visual elements though but I guess you already are prepared to hear whinings about shadows in space (even the bullets?)

It runs smoothly and makes good use of erhmm types but I really dont know if you have thought through the design, some tries to be retro, some visual elements are trying to be colourful "semirealistic" and it just don't mix.

It's obvious you know how to program but you should put some more energy and effort into the actual design.

That's my (probably useless) 10 cents.

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#5]
The [B] and [N] keys are across from each other on QWERTY ergonomic keyboards--you may want to use [N] and [M] instead...

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#6]
Jim,

Get min of 160 fps, max of 250ish. Much improved performance from the last build!

P4 3.0 512mb Ram, GFX440 64mb.

Stevie

Yan(Posted 2006) [#7]
Woohoo!...Starship Command!

I've been meaning to have a crack at writing a version myself for the last 20 years or so... ;o)

[edit]
I get 220 -> 260 with a fair few ships on screen.
[/edit]

JBR(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks guys, looks like it runs ok.
Jim