Archon 2160

Community Forums/Showcase/Archon 2160

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#1]

Ok, Ive started programming this game myself instead of finding a proper programmer so please be gentle ;)
To find out what the game is about (cause I really love the whole idea) please visit my wikipage
http://archon2160.pbwiki.com

I have programmed Blitz3D for only one week and this is my first project.

Here's the demo (read about it further down on this thread)
http://archon2160.pbwiki.com/f/A2160TD.rar

stayne(Posted 2006) [#2]
demo soon?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#3]
I actually hope to release a small small demo in about 2-3 days. But I need to tweak some more ;)

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#4]
This looks really cool!

Matty(Posted 2006) [#5]
Your website is quite informative. This looks like good stuff. I like the fact you've taken an old game's concept and created something fresh from it.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#6]
Your tank doesn't have shadows?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#7]
No, as I say.. It's only been one week of learning Blitz3D from scratch and I think Ive managed to do a lot in that time.Shadows will probably come later on.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#8]
AJirenius, I looked at your design. How long did it take you to pull all that together? Also, what happened to your team?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#9]
Well most of it was put up during May and June. Over summer there were a big lack of inactivity and therefor I decided to actually break up the whole team as I was the only one producing anyway.
I do have good contact with some of them though and there are one guy in particular who I probably will recieve some help from later on.

Im glad you like my graphics, hopefully you will like my newbie programming as well :P

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#10]
Looks very cool.

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#11]
Thanks guys.
Im right now putting together a demo just to show in here (not the "official demo" but just to give you a glance.
It will contain 3 playable units on one arena.

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#12]
Gaargh.. That third unit for the demo is really messing it up for me.

Well I put up some screens of the 3 units ingame while you wait (at least I hope someone is waiting) for the demo.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#13]
I'm waiting for a demo...looks pretty cool.

I can hardly believe you've been working on blitz for as little time as you say.

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#14]
Ok, here's the small 'demo'

Now, it's not even finished as a demo so there are bugs and strange things happening but at least you will get a hint of whats to expect later on.

The DJINNI-unit (nr3) cannot be played by both players on the same time right now so don tod it :D
Also you will need a joypad/joystick to be able to play against anybody else (which this whole game is about).
Try it out here: http://archon2160.pbwiki.com/f/A2160TD.rar

gman(Posted 2006) [#15]
absolutely superb. great work!

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#16]
Thanks man :D, well you see Ive been busy :D

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#17]
looks very nice so far.

Cruis.In(Posted 2006) [#18]
perhaps a programmer before, who is only new to blitz.

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#19]
Thank you all. Well, yes this is not my first programming language no, even if I see myself as an artist before a programmer.
This is the first time ever program any 3D related though.

The Djinni attack do look very strange due to I create it with one flatlying sprite and one facing the camera.. any suggestions in how I should create it without having that stupid texture seam in the middle of the 'explosion' ?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#20]
double post.

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#21]
Ok, Ill take this thread (and opportunity) to announce that Im looking for a partner in crime with this one.
I've realized that there there are too much art finished here and lots of coding to do so I would love to find another B3D programmer to join up with this team and we together could complete this pearl.

Please message me: ajirenius @t hotmail

Hope to hear from any of you...