Kingdom Elemental Sceenies (Img heavy)

Community Forums/Showcase/Kingdom Elemental Sceenies (Img heavy)

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#1]
[Edit] Guess this didn't actually get deleted, it was an error.

Here are some screenshots from the latest level in KE:

Questions and comments welcome :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looking amazing as always. I bet this would have been a hit at IGC had it not been canceled this year :( You're too talented man!

BTW, would you have any time whatsoever to do a tiny bit (one character) of texturing work?

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks man :) Yeah I wish IGC wasn't cancelled. What kind of texture work did you have in mind? Hit me up liberationgames@...

slenkar(Posted 2006) [#4]
nice graphics, your womb-mother would be proud

so, is it a RTS set in that room?

Looks like baldurs gate or something

SopiSoft(Posted 2006) [#5]
Looks very cool!

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#6]
I must say this is the best looking 3D blitz game I've seen in a while. The whole thing actually looks like it could be a fully playable version, though I'm not sure what level of development it's at.

Looks like Liberator may have a great indie title on his hands here.

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#7]
Its about 90% done at this point. We are launching at the end of October. That room is just one of the levels, there are more:

puki(Posted 2006) [#8]
LOOKS LIKE THERE WAS A PROBLEM LAST NIGHT - LOOKS LIKE A FEW HOURS OF POSTS HAVE BEEN LOST.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
looks RAD.

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#10]
Really? I was wondering what happened. Any idea why puki?

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#11]
Very nice screens!

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#12]
Lighting is bit RGB, it it does look very overall. Well done.

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#13]
Well, I would say that everything that is displayed on the screen is a "bit RGB" heh. What exactly do you mean mustang? :)

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#14]
i think he means that you have used coloured lights alot. always thought that green lights look a bit odd. but your game doe look amazing.

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#15]
Looks awesome...Now show a demo!=D
Edit - where did you get the animated 3d models?

degac(Posted 2006) [#16]
great gfx!! Well done

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#17]
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words :)

Xzider - I made everything myself. Models, animations, interface, programming, etc.

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#18]
Very impressive! You should make me a Character model or two;)

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#19]
woah, this is impressive, I cant wait till I can play this !

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#20]
I figured he either made the models himself, or had someone do it specifically for the project. It's obviously all made to fit this particular project, and not cookie cutter content.

It does have it's own unique style, I wish I knew more about the gameplay itself?

Am I correct in assuming it's turn based?

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#21]
It's all real-time. I did an interview for strategy informer.com, check it out it talks about the gameplay:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/kingdomelemental/interview.html

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#22]
Cool - interview and all! Yes, I meant that you use colored lights a lot, maybe bit too candy looking for my brutal taste... but it is your style and therefore I have no complaints. :)

Filax(Posted 2006) [#23]
Excellent ! very very nice graphics !

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#24]
Cool Liberator, so this is going to be an actual commercial release then? Congrats!

My game won't have giant flaming bears, but hopefully we'll both have success with our projects...

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#25]
Orc - I don't post very often, but I have been following all of your posts about your game, I really like the girl, gun and sword. Hopefully we'll get some gameplay shots soon, the game is looking great so far =)

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#26]
Ah, I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but that was just a quickie project that turned out to be a really bad idea. My artist and I decided to go back to our original project, but modified to make it easier to do.

In the end it's still harder than we should have made our first project, but I wanted to make an impact. After this, we're going to go for smaller, but still fun, titles.

Looks like your project is a lot more complicated than most people start out with as well. Is this your first commercial title?

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2006) [#27]
Wheee, Necromancers that Summon Skeletons

Mordax likes

Go my Skeletal Armies!

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#28]
Orc - Oh, that is a shame, cuz that game really looked cool. What is the 'original' project your working on now?
It is my first commercial title, but I've made many games before this one. Though, you're right, this is by far the most complicated one I've ever made.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#29]
My current title is an FPS style game that takes place on an RTS style environment. I currently call it Entropy however the game itself will probably become known as Shattered Earth, which fits the theme just as well.

I have 16 unique weapons planned, each of which can be upgraded up to three times. Two of them are finished. We will also have three different armor types for humans/NPC's, (one of which will be finished today), and we have plans for at least three vehicle opponents (none will be player usable though).

I'll start a new thread for my project later, once my artist finishes the current mesh he's working on.

I am currently planning our second title as well, which we will co-create (right now I'm paying for the art assets up front). It will be a simpler game but will probably do just as well or even better on the market.

Let me ask you, was it hard to find a good publisher? Since you're an indie developer working with a language other than C++ and all that...

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#30]
That sounds awesome, I can't wait to see some screenies! I <3 me some good FPS :)

A publisher wasn't too hard to find, I was supprised. Josiah (Chronic Logic) kind of found me. I just showed one of the games I made at the IGC last year and the day it was over I got an email from him. I showed him the prototype of Kingdom Elemental and the rest, as cliches go, was history ;)

I'd say the most important piece of getting a bonified publisher is having a *complete* prototype. The most import thing is to show you can actually finish something (also doesn't hurt to have other finished games, even if they are 'just for fun' games). So have a fully playable demo, it doesn't have to be insane, just like 2 guns or units, and 1 bad guy. But if it has a definitive start and end, they will see you are serious and can finish something you set out to do.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#31]
Well, shouldn't be too hard then. I'm hoping to have my fully playable demo finished within 1 or 2 months. I've gotten most of the game code working, plus the first map and the assets I already mentioned. Just have to make it all go together and look good!

Well, let me know when your demo is out and I'll let you know when mine is out. Your game looks interesting, can't wait to give it a spin!

stayne(Posted 2006) [#32]
any updates?

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#33]
I was going to do another full update, but at this point it's so damned close to release I thought I was just give a full game update when we do the pre-launch demo which should be within the next week or so (don't hold me to that :D) It will be very soon, most likely gold master within November.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#34]
Very impressive looking screenshots. I agree with the point it's some of the best screenshots coming from the Blitz stable for a while.

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#35]
Thanks Potter :)

The game is going into beta tomorrow! So you can play it for yourself when we do the offical demo release the following week.