BloodBane Online

Community Forums/Showcase/BloodBane Online

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#1]
Bloodbane Online is a small online RPG, needs testers.
You can download the client at

\\Server Down For Update//

Warning*May be laggy to dial-up users/or users with an old computer

If you have any question or comments, post it here or email me at Leaedas_Treehopper@...

~Xzider of Xelev

ckob(Posted 2006) [#2]
dowwnloading now speeds are kinda slow. BTW I like the building model you have in the first screenshot :P

Edit: Ok downloaded but I cant connect to the server from what I can tell its trying to connect to a local are network IP not your global IP.

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#3]
hahaha,hey ckob, not trying to steal your models, they are just so cool. But no,I wont have those in any final version, if I get that far:).

EDIT - Forgot,when the login server gives IP, it uses the TCPStreamIP with the dottedip, but since its all on the same computer,its giving 192.168.1.xxx

Fixed. To go to the zone in the screenshot,you must attain level 2, and cast the Zone 2 Spell

ckob(Posted 2006) [#4]
no you didnt steal anything I provided them for free download ;P

ckob(Posted 2006) [#5]
still doesnt wanna connect sorry do I need to redownload or something?

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#6]
erm,yes I need to upload the new version. Sorry

Edit - Not cool when you change one line of code and have to re upload the whole thing

ckob(Posted 2006) [#7]
ok ill redownload and check it out again.

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#8]
erm, it wont let me create an account, it says my guild is incorrect.

Is this a closed beta test or something ?

ckob(Posted 2006) [#9]
no you have to follow the directions that are on the create account page. You have to choose RED or Blue team

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#10]
aw, got it- but...
I created an account and it tells me the password does not exist..lol

Is this thing even functional?

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#11]
Ok, i got it..it was my error, sorry.

Now, at first glimpse it appears as if it is in it's very most infancy stage, but has promise.

I made it to level 2 by fighting higher level bots, nice to have bots to quickly level with.

When can I weild a weapon? And how do i talk to the InnKeeper?

I am a BIG MMORPG fan, and am going to track progress on this game. I currently play MapleStory, GuildWars, Gonzuu, Trickster, and my fav of all...CABAL !!

Keep up the good work.

ckob(Posted 2006) [#12]
I couldnt get it to go past loading:(

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#13]
Yeah, the login/create-user interface is still way in the nooby phase, but I understand that the developers focus is in the Net Code, as it should be.

If the developer keeps it up, he/she could get it finished, then have a nice little revenue generater on thier hands.

Best of luck

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#14]
Thank you for all the coments. I am no artist by the way! Not sure why it doesnt load ckob...

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#15]
@ckob- i can't replicate your problem, I loged in with 3 of my computers all with diff versions of DX, and logged in just fine.

Well, with the exception of last night, it said the server was unavailable...my guess it was under maintanence.

ckob(Posted 2006) [#16]
yeah it says server unavailable now. Im not sure why it isnt loading my specs should handle it.

amd 64 bit 3400
1 GB Ram
500 GB Storage
Cable Connection

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#17]
Working on Bloodbane, Adding items(That give stats,not show on you. Ill need custom animated b3d character models soon...heh

stayne(Posted 2006) [#18]
The search for animated characters are where most game dev teams call it quits. Be prepared to spend anywhere from $500 to over $3000 apiece for original decent animated models.

Best of luck man!

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#19]
Heya, take a look at these, they are 100% royalty free, and you can use them in commercial projects.

www.psionic3d.co.uk/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Free%20Stuff/3D%20Models

www.tomspeed.com/free/

They may not be what you are looking for, but they are great placeholders, and with some texture tweeking, they could be pretty useful.

Are the md2 models you currentley use free? I mean aren't they useful to you?

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#20]
I dont like md2 models, and the one I have now I just dont like. I prefer b3d models. Thanks for providing me with
these!

Ckob- You may want to try the game in Fullscreen mode..Or just wait for my next update. I have the server off right now

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#21]
Exactly what I was looking for Codeorc!

I have already started on the new Account Creation System

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#22]
nice, I will be playing from time-to-time to check out your progress.

logging in now....

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#23]
Dooh!

Failed to Connect to xxx.xx.xxx-x-x-x.x.x port 7002

I'll try again l8r

ckob(Posted 2006) [#24]
i tried both fullscreen and windowed im not sure why it doesnt work.

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#25]
Server down for adding new character model/account creation system. Will be back up soon, thanks for testing:)

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#26]
New screenshots added at the first post, check them out and comment!

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#27]
Nice, you got the new .b3d models in there.

So, what you think of the animations, not bad for free huh? I'm using them as place holders in my game, got my friend making me some others.

Looking forward to you project progression.

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#28]
I love the animation,cant fully add them in game yet. Just messing around with them. Fixing a few things before I release back to this forum,it should be today, so keep an eye out.

(May be laggy to dial-up users/or users with an old computer)

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#29]
3day Delay,hmm sorry real life delays.