Sudoku Maya Gold on Real Arcade

Community Forums/Showcase/Sudoku Maya Gold on Real Arcade

gellyware(Posted 2006) [#1]

Sudoku Maya Gold is now available at Real Arcade at the following link:

http://www.realarcade.com/game?tps=ambient_&gameid=sudokumayagold&src=ggpg

Version 1.7 has added a ton of new features, including:
* Quest mode with 40 challenging levels
* Traditional mode with various board sizes: 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, and 9x9.
* Built in solver for 9x9 boards
* Compelling 6 track music score
* Note Taking
* Simple-to-use number selection wheel for adding notes or numbers

<edit> Sudoku Maya Gold extensively uses
Swifts Sprite System
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=58037

and Grey Aliens Game Framework
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60957

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#2]
Good luck with it! If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know how things go when they do (just in general terms: dozens of sales? hundreds? thousands?! <g>).

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#3]
Sweet, glad to know that someone broke a deal with Real Arcade. Dunno if you'd have any plans for GameSpy Arcade next or not, or GameTap. They probably could expand your market, if you're nice with them.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
yay, it's finally out there! Well done, I wish you all the best of luck with this - you deserve it after the hard work and the game is really polished now. Now you can just have butterflies in your stomach waiting for the sales figures :-) Thanks for mentioning my framework too.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well done on this, lets hope Real put some effort behind shipping some real big numbers.

Btw, I see real are still using the same shitty old DRM :P (if you can actually call it protection).

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#6]
I tried that link for going to Real Arcade, but unfortunately, I don't think RA likes Opera as much as that dumb Internet Explorer. Thought that Opera would've been far more compatible than anything. Does it even like Mozilla at all?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#7]
Good luck with it Gelly.

Hope you'll be able to sell many of it, as it is a really sweet game :)

RAM: At least FF 2 beta 2 works on the page. don't know about older as I kicked it due to massive problems with 1.5.2+

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#8]
Does sudoku maya also make symmetrical hints? Those seem really popular with people. The one above definitely isn't.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
what's a symmetrical hint? I play sudoku on paper and haven't heard of that.

Gellyware's game was good originally but with Real Arcade's QA and feedback, and my framework, (and his hard work of course) he has totally took it to the next level of bling, I'm very impressed with it - and feel glad that I was in some small way a bit of help.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#10]
Why has everyone a (tu) nick lately?

(tu) totally unusal. - Or do you play in a game clan?

I want "(VIP) Grisu" then... :D

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#11]
I believe (tu) has been added as a mark of respect for Steve Irwin.

Very polished game. I'm very impressed.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#12]
You play sudoku and you haven't heard of a symmetrical sudoku???

sswift(Posted 2006) [#13]
Chroma:
I coded the sudoku algorithm. Unless he modified it it doesn't support symmetrical sudokus. It just makes a valid grid and then removes squares at random which still leave you with a puzzle that has a single solution.

Symmetrical sudokus would take quite a bit more time to generate. At least with the algorithm I used. You'd have to keep generating puzzles until one allowed you to remove all the squares in the pattern you wanted while still being left with a single solution.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#14]
Right, but symmetrical generation can still be done in about 25ms or so. Just saying it would be nice and would probably make the game more appealing to people who prefer symmetrical type. It'd be a beneficial option imo.