free eye candy

Community Forums/Showcase/free eye candy

zyd(Posted 2006) [#1]
Something I actually managed to finish ;)

I'd like to know what you blitzers 3d think?

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/305982

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#2]
Pretty cool! Would make a great background for my Blibs screen saver - would you be willing to share the source?

TWH(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hypnotizeing! I see shapes in it. Sure I saw a bearded monk with a green hood.

It looks like the fillrate test in 3dmark. How about makeing it look more lavalamp-ish? With... water around and a few blobs flying up and down? Yet with diffrent colors.

zyd(Posted 2006) [#4]
Boiled sweets: I would be quite embarrassed to show anyone the source, messy messy messy ;)

you can contact me via the email address in the readme

and we can disscuss though, I might clean it up for you.

just tried out the demo of Blibs ;(

Error!
user lib not found....shame looked trippy.

P.Cs man! they're all soooo different ;)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#5]
zyd,

awesome. Don't want to hijack your thread but please read this, it will fix the problem.

The only 3rd party it uses is stickykey_dll.dll and guess what I forgot it in the installer. You can grab it here...
www.boiledsweets.com/tmp/sticky.zip
Just unzip it to c:\windows\system32
Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'll drop you an email...

zyd(Posted 2006) [#6]
boils,
yeah I just read the release thread and spotted it there....but I'm too hard core....as soon as it failed I uninstalled it, ain't going to reinstall as I never use a screen saver ....just wanted to see it in action.... but I saw the screenshots, looks cool and I like the colours bright primary colours just what you need to brighten up a winter's day in sunny UK. :)

check out my free 2d space ships animations.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#7]
zyd,

saw the 2d space ships animations, I'm firmly stuck in 3d stuff at the moment so 2d doesn't interest me too much though they are cool anims and would be great for a 2d game. Are you an artist by trade or have 3d Studio / modelling skills?

zyd(Posted 2006) [#8]
I've emailed ya some pics of my models...
let's leave this off topic stuf now...
just email :)