N_AI Topic

Archives Forums/General Discussion/N_AI Topic

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#1]
N_AI is an all-round 2d and 3d Artificial Intelligence system for Blitz2d,Blitz+,or Blitz3d.

Users create types and objects that are stored in .nai files and linked to meshes,sprites and images with only two lines of code!

AI=N_LoadAI("AI.nai")
N_Link(mesh,AI,object)

millions of AI objects can be stored in one file!

-----------------
I mostly posted here to see what Blitz Users thought about a new AI system. Any Kind of FeedBack welcome.

(note that the screenshots from an earlier test.)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
well..I cant access your C drive for sure..

(tu) sinu(Posted 2006) [#3]
I could access his c drive for you but i might get in trouble :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
..well..i could do it too with significant use of Puki or Muk, but I wouldnt :)

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#5]
oops...
how do you do the image thing again?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#6]
hahahaha... Chris... is that you ole buddy...

--Mike

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#7]
Uhh, yeah, nice try, Fuller, try uploading something to ImageShack, then we'll believe you... :D

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#8]
Even with a screenshot, there's not much feedback anyone could give you until they see the AI in action ;)

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#9]
sorry. really I was wondering if AI seemed to specific to what youre game is..

Well Main Features are:

Scripted and Behavioral Actions
Waypoints
2d and 3d compatibility

North(Posted 2006) [#10]
What am i missing?

Is there anything to look at (code, exe, screenshots)?

Ah, found something at

http://www.ncreation.bravehost.com/software.html

sting(Posted 2006) [#11]
This sorta thing would help in my situation. So how long do you think until theres something to download?

puki(Posted 2006) [#12]
What exactly is the AI system though?

I understand your point that millions of AI objects can be stored in one file - however, that in itself is potentially not much of an achievement based on the individual user's file size and how it is accessed.

I'll potentially purchase any AI system if that system can possibly manipulate AI data better than I can with super-strings.

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#13]
sting - another month probally
puki - It'll be priced around 20$ and will do ANY kind of game. and it's plugin writing supported.

That website is being updated currently...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#14]
..I'm looking forward to see that..as well as some demos, of course..

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#15]
Naughty Alien - Thanks for showing some enthusiasm, What other AI system are out there (For Blitz). And what features are they lacking?

puki(Posted 2006) [#16]
There are no AI systems that I know of - most AI is custom designed for a particular game.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#17]
Especially since Blitz (without max) does not offer callbacks / function pointers, which is one of the backends for a real AI system with different behaviors within the same single system.

And writting 2 languages for 1 result ... don't know, I think then I would use the F.E.A.R AI Framework and try to integrate this one. (no, not the FEAR game thing, but the AI framework that existed long before)