Schroedinger's Ghost!

Community Forums/Showcase/Schroedinger's Ghost!

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hot willikers, this is a good idea!
Chunky love-handles 4mb zip (cos it's got cool music in it, innit?)

It's like your common or garden Pacman, but the ghosts are wave-functions: Until you observe them, they have a probability of being everywhere. This probability is shown by the board lighting up with each ghost's colour where they are likely to be. If you observe a square, there is a probability that the ghost will appear there and start chasing you. Cripes!
If a ghost does start chasing you, try and get it out of your sight, where it will fade away until it becomes a wave-function again.

Cursor keys to move, objective is to pick up all the pills, yadda yadda yadda. There's no need for the super pill things, because you can just hide from the ghosts.

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#2]
I did not understand a word of that LOL

But it was fun, and the music WAS cool 8-)

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#3]
WTF!!! Lol, some day Warpy you're gonna have an idea on the same scale as the original tetris .. it's only a matter of time now I think ;)

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#4]
You mean the quality of my ideas would go down? ;)

Oh, you flatter! Carry on!

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#5]
BTW, My shark has better control than your pacman .. get it sorted! ;)

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#6]
true, true... I'm uncharacteristically stumped by this pacman movement. If I was doing it my way he'd be controlled by playing a pied piper type flute, with the tempo controlling his speed and the tune controlling his powers. Plain old left/right/up/down is far too hard for the likes of me.

gellyware(Posted 2006) [#7]
Great concept :) I played for quite a while

JAW(Posted 2006) [#8]
hehe thanks for the Charlie Byrd Bamba Samba. i enjoyed it and the far out colours. I think I finally figured it out...though I don't know why the column/row you are in is colored like that, it seems to confuse things more when looking for where ghosts might be appearing. you're very right .. ghosts are not that predictable are they?
the first game was somehow my best. it must be that genre of game where the better you get at it,the more you lose ;)

MattVonFat(Posted 2006) [#9]
That was great! I read some science magazine which had stuff about quantum physics in not so long ago so this actually made sense! Well kinda.

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#10]
i dont get it, do the ghost ever appear close enough that they can actually catch you? From my perspective, they appear way too far and disapear way too quickly.

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#11]
Holy crap...!

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2008) [#12]
Applied quantum mechanics! brilliant ^^

Warpy(Posted 2008) [#13]
whoah, how far back were you digging, Jim T?

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#14]
Interesting idea.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#15]
hmm, maybe a similar concept for a game where you put a cat in a box, then shoot the box with shotgun. The player then has to guess whether the cat is alive or dead on opening the box, your score goes up until you can confirm by opening the box.

what about heizenburg pool, where you know which way the balls are going unless you look at them, then they change direction.

steve_ancell(Posted 2008) [#16]
Shame the download link is dead. I never got to see this.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#17]
schroedingers cat was trapped in a phone box with tinted glass and was sound proof

now was he calling pavlovs dog or not?
you decide

pavlovs dog never answeres the phone cos it makes him go hunting for the tin opener :P

steve_ancell(Posted 2008) [#18]
Yay... I just found an alternative download link.

Click here!

GfK(Posted 2008) [#19]
schroedingers cat was trapped in a phone box with tinted glass and was sound proof

now was he calling pavlovs dog or not?
you decide

pavlovs dog never answeres the phone cos it makes him go hunting for the tin opener :P
Have you been eating Ovaltine out of the jar again?

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#20]
More Ovaltine please!