Bloniacs - new game

Community Forums/Showcase/Bloniacs - new game

degac(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey guys!

After 6 months of night work my game is finally ready to became an hit (...I've this dream :D)

Check it out here:

http://www.graphioware.com

other images are avaible on the site -

Windows DEMO:
http://www.graphioware.com/download/setup_demo.exe

Apple DEMO:
http://www.graphioware.com/download/Bloniacs_demo.dmg

Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome! (and customers too :D)

Edit: I uploaded the 1.02 Windows version - it supports 'shaped' and coloured blob

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Doesn't work (WinXP). I get this. Gradient, mouse pointer, music, nothing else:

Have to kill it through Task Manager.

AMD Athlon XP3000+ @ 2.16GHz, Radeon 9600 128Mb, 1.5Gb RAM, WinXP, DX9.0c.

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hangs on WinXP (same as GfK), crashes on MacOS
Date/Time:      2006-07-24 12:12:03.898 +0200
OS Version:     10.4.7 (Build 8J2135)
Report Version: 4

Command: Bloniacs_demo
Path:    /Volumes/Bloniacs_demo/Bloniacs_demo.app/Contents/MacOS/Bloniacs_demo
Parent:  WindowServer [83]
Rosetta: Yes

Version: ??? (???)

PID:    954
Thread: 0

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000070
-- Byteemoz

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#4]
same here (winXP)

degac(Posted 2006) [#5]
SHIT!

Sorry for the problems!
I miss some files in the demo version (in the specific the languages files...) but now I uploaded the correct version.
(this happens when you want to program during the night to finish all....)

For Mac: at the moment is supported only PowerPC (real) version, and I suppose Rosetta is the 'universal translator' for the new Mac Intel: I'm sorry but I haven't a Mac Intel to compile for the new Mac.

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#6]
Good game, like that old dreamcast game with the little mice. Every now and then I would need a particular arrow and not have one, and while waiting for one to come along I ran out of balls. Doesn't seem fair, really. I'm also colourblind, so I couldn't do the bonus stage or the levels involving colour. Could you put symbols or shapes on the different kinds of balls as well as colour so I can see them?

Some little things - clicking on the pause button a second time should unpause the game, and when there are those switch pieces, balls can seem to float over nothingness before they get across the square, by which time the switch has been triggered and they're on the ground again. Maybe you should check for falling off the edge after they've travelled halfway towards the next square, i.e. where the edge of the last tile is drawn.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#7]
Nice game. Very colourful; just how I like them!

One little crit, but you can ignore me. I feel that the bar at the top right (like on here) looks a bit out of place. (Perhaps because it's a lot more detailed looking than the other graphics, so it doesn't blend with the delightfully cheerful cartoony look).
On the other hand, the one with the clock in bonus games is very fitting.

Agreed with Warpy, the different coloured balls could have shapes... or, in my opinion, it would look really good to have accessibility options for your game to turn such things on and off, and highten the contrast to amazing extents :)
(I bet there's all sorts of people that would consider you a hero for doing it, whether or not they need it).

I think you ahould use the bigger images for your screenshots in this thread, btw. Don't want yours being dwarfed by Gfk's collossal error report!

degac(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks for the comment.
@Warpy:
- a new command will be added when you use it, so you are obliged to 'change' the way of the blob - I think this is a way to make the game more interesting, but at this point I should add some warning or something...
- Good the idea to change the shapes or put a symbols on it, I can consider like an option (thank you I have a new modification to do :D))
- I will change the Pause command in the way you indicated - more logic infact
- for the falling/cell movement I'm working on it for a more natural way...
@Mr.Pickelsworth:
- Yes - now with relaxed-mind I can see the things more clear, and infact the level indicator doesn't not match with the rest...
Thank you again: I have some works to do now!

degac(Posted 2006) [#9]
Update to version 1.02 (Windows only atm). Changes:
- support for coloured blob and 'shaped' blob;
- Pause menu now works correctly
- avaible commands now works in a different way