Turret game

Community Forums/Showcase/Turret game

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#1]
I think ill kick start my arrival at this forums with some free source code of a little turret thing I made not too long ago.

Note: Sorry this isnt very well commented, It started off as a test and I dont usually comment when suddenly feel like programming something
I also forgot to delete the particle types if they were dead so after a while it starts to get a little laggy :)

Update: I quickly added the delete type function for particles and bullets that are no longer needed.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
Thanks for sharing the code. Pretty clean code - probably it wasn't neccessary to label the main loop :)

Where my mainloops are true continents... I started using label names like .mainloop_____________________
(well only for the most important labels)

So I see them quickly in the labels list.

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks man , and what? I labled the main loop so its easy to see when i scroll up and down the code.

What it looks like your saying is that you use goto and lables to loop through your mainloop? (Sorry I dont really understand :P )

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
Uh, I was only trying to be nice :) But it's also true, my mainloops (I know WHILE btw) are huge. I often use Labels only to be able to click them in the labels list window. Imagine a big app initialisation part (types etc). In this case it's very useful.

For the mainloop thing I maybe should create a function named DoThings() and move the entire mainloop content to it... well I hate to declare globals, so as long as the machine doesn't explode, I leave it the way it is (it actually works!).

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#5]
Uh, I was only trying to be nice :)

Sorry did I come over hostile ? But yeah I get what you mean now :) thanks .