This looks great!

Community Forums/Showcase/This looks great!

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

Just pointing to a gallery entry made this week - it looks really good work!

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1373&gallery=&page=1

IPete2.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#2]
It does look good and judging by their webpage it looks like something that will definitely get completed.

EDIT - the shots on their webpage I think look even better than those shown in the gallery. I've not got much idea though on what the gameplay will involve.

puki(Posted 2006) [#3]
Looks quite good.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#4]
It seems like only the main character is casting a shadow?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Big10p, It's B3D. ;)

DareDevil(Posted 2006) [#6]
Very good Grapghis :D

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#7]
yep lo0ks good, nice & bright cartoony stuff

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#8]
agreed, looks gooood..

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2006) [#9]
It does look very well done. Mo only small thing I don't like is how random the colors are, you might try making a palette for each area.

aab(Posted 2006) [#10]
Ochre yellow and green ? I Didnt think that was too random .. I think my backdoors more random than that n_n [edit: Nevermind; It now occureed to me that you may have been mentioning other screen shots from that one above]

That does look nice IPete2 ( Are you a Interface under that notation? ), and i even get the distinct feeling of wanting to play that game right away, which is a very good thing as far as game screens go lol.
I dont like 3d-hud objects on the same perspective as the environment, or overly shaded/formed hud elements, or the font (It might suit the game better if it were more polygonal and less sharp and rounded: You could also make it a bit 'translucent' to achieve a more suitable familiarity within the game).
The sea and skyline are great. I looked at some of the shots on the site, and saw all the action and explosions (and the firey rotating damage text).
So my overall comment would be: "This looks great!" :)

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#11]
Just so there's no mistake, this game and its author were totally unknown to me until I spotted some great screenies in the gallery.

I just LOVE this style of game, and to see something being developed like this is great.

Yes I would love to play a demo of this.

IPete2.

*(Posted 2006) [#12]
shows the gallery works :)