(Nameless) Shooter Video

Community Forums/Showcase/(Nameless) Shooter Video

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi M8s!

Here is a little video of our upcoming shooter. hope you like it. its just 18 MB. current stage is pre pre pre alpha - looooots of work has to be done.

http://www.the3kings.de/test/nlw.mpg

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#2]
WOW the animation looks great!

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#3]
Ooh, looks nice. Like the animation, and the leaning, though it could do with going a bit further, as I don't think you'd gain much benefit from leaning round a corner as it is.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#4]
Leaning is a little problem. in order to avoid clipping errors i have to reduce the leaning angle. and if i give a good leaning angle, i have to make the players collision sphere bigger - meaning using more space, needing bigger doors and stairs to walk. i have not found the proper solution yet. but i agreem, atm the leaning is a bit "weak".

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Maybe you could use two collision spheres?

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#6]
Nice! What did you use to record the video btw? Quite alot of footage for 18mb.

Stevie

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#7]
i used fraps and then converted the video with 15 day trial of videomach. captured the video at 1024, but it was huuuuge (>2 GB video), so i decided to capture at 640x480 and then convert it to 320x240.

puki(Posted 2006) [#8]
This seems quite exciting. I'm sure I have seen this before though - probably best to archive it up and send it over to me (with source) so I can cross it off my stolen code list.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#9]
hmm puki, you always want to BUY everything, not to steal ;)

Ice9(Posted 2006) [#10]
That looks great. On thing that bothers me. In RL when
you are walking with a gun expecting a target to pop
out of a corner, you are looking down top of the barrel
aiming it. In this you are looking at the side of the
gun. If you want to show the side of the gun you can do
your hand animation to turn sideways and up.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#11]
if you right click the mouse, your weapon will be sighted. this isn't implemented at the moment, but will be in future. remember there are no crosshairs! you actually have to aim (looking down the sights) if you want to shoot correctly.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#12]
Hey, looking good. I like the animations on the main player. Very smooth. Nice factory graphics too :o)