Some (not so recent) games by me

Community Forums/Showcase/Some (not so recent) games by me

mr.keks(Posted 2006) [#1]
Heyho,

I've made games using blitz for some years. Unfortunately, like so many other hobby coders, I didn't finish many.

But some of them are finished enough to be played. You can download them on my website http://www.mrkeks.net/?show=produzieren . I'm sorry, but neither the page nor the games are in English. It's all German. Maybe some of you know some words German, so they can understand, what the games are about and what they should do.

For these who don't understand German, a short list of the games you can play without understanding German:

Aliens Exist: It's a little egoshooter. As in every proper shooter, there's almost no text ;). (Don't be confused when you get plenty of health and ammo all of a sudden... I haven't removed the developer cheats, as the development is still in progress and the 0.4.0 version was just a compile'n'zip'n'upload action :)) http://www.mrkeks.net/?show=artikel59

BlitzSnowCraft: You take part in a weird snowball fight.. The game isn't that complete. Though, I know some people, who really enjoy playing it. http://www.mrkeks.net/?show=artikel58

DGX: A spaceshooter... Of course you don't have to understand the story briefings and the chat between the wing men. You usually only have to kill as many enemies as you can. But there's one mission in which you're flying a cloaked ship.. In this mission you are not to kill any enemies! But better try to avoid the suicide enemies! You won't be able to take much damage in this mission! http://www.mrkeks.net/?show=artikel57

WollKnäuelWar: An artillery battle... You don't need to understand the few texts.. But you need a second player. ;) http://www.mrkeks.net/?show=artikel56

Kaobomber2: Muaha, this game is really dumb =). Therefore it doesn't need language. ... I think it doesn't need to be played either - coded and uploaded it just4fun.. If you don't dislike kaos, you'll dislike this game!.. http://www.mrkeks.net/?show=artikel55

Thanks for playing! (I'm one of these strange guys who need people playing their games to please their ego ;))

..I hope it isn't that obvious from my text that English isn't my mother tongue.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#2]
ok... the shooter caught my attention... Aliens Exist... downloading it now... will try to look at it asap...

and lets check out this KaoBomber thing as well... looks like a C-130 cargo plane dropping those bombs... i used to fly on C-130s... caught my eye again :)

you sure have quite a good looking portfolio... i mean, usually i'll just look and not waste the time downloading... that should say something as far as audience interest (just from the screenie and the lil description you gave)... have you sold any of these...

btw... it's really hard on a guy who has yet to finish his first game to see someone who has all these under his belt... thanks a lot :)

--Mike

mr.keks(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hehe, thanks! :D (you know, my ego ;))

As I said, most of the games aren't what I would call finished. So I also didn't sell them. I made the games to have some fun and learn programming... Not to sell them. Maybe, I would have completed and sold them, if my parents hadn't given me enough pocket money xD.

puki(Posted 2006) [#4]
Great stuff.

Now translate them to English and email them to me. No rush, tommorrow is fine.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#5]
the shooter was great... i had fun with that...

the enemy ai definitely shows something... and the artwork is top shelf, as are the title startup screens and soundtrack...

i was into it as soon as the game started... wrap that bad boy up and put it out there...

the side scroller was less interesting... probably 'cause it was a wip... the screens started slowing down as more particles appeared...

plus...

a C-130 drops stuff from the rear, outta the cargo doors :)

good stuff you got there... i'm impressed...

--Mike

puki(Posted 2006) [#6]
I didn't get any source code with the shooter - mother was not happy.

BlackJumper(Posted 2006) [#7]
and the artwork is top shelf,

... that should drum up some extra downloads - not necessarily for the right reasons ;-)

mr.keks(Posted 2006) [#8]
@puki: I love your comments :D

@Red Ocktober: Hehe, it's nice to hear, that you liked Aliens Exist :). And yes, (as I said) the sidescroller isn't that great ^^.

@BlackJumper: I don't really understand what you mean.. Maybe my idea of top shelf artwork isn't correct ^^. I took it as a compliment, but somehow I associate it also with parents putting things into top shelfs in order to keep them away from their children. What exactly do English speaking people mean when talking of top shelfs? :D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#9]
I think Puki is having a hard time at the moment. He's not right.... ;)

Good work.

BlackJumper(Posted 2006) [#10]
Just had a play of Aliens Exist... I agree that the graphics are "top notch" !

in UK a "top shelf magazine" would be Playboy - i.e. something placed there to keep it out of children's hands due to adult content.

I liked your menus, etc. - very polished. Is your theme music licensed or just a placeholder ? At one point I got past the big shiney thing and then fell through the scenery. I also wasn't sure if I was supposed to make use of the explodable drums.

mr.keks(Posted 2006) [#11]
Regarding Aliens Exist, I'd like to mention, that it was a team work production.. I was the lead coder but many of the cool things aren't by me. Most of the levels, meshs and menus were made by other people. So e.g. our 'theme music' wasn't chosen by me... My co-coder INpac placed the theme in the splash screen. I think it was meant to be a joke. It isn't licensed, but as it is just a joke made by hobby coders in a freeware game, we don't exspect trouble.

I'd like to credit the Aliens Exist team:

INpac for the cool menus and the intro. Moreover he created the biggest part of editor and some other minor code passages.

Vincent: He made the first to levels and some other graphics. He was also responsible for textures..

Ava: She made some very useful models.

BrightDevil: The third level is by him.

MoeRon also made some meshs.

@"top shelf": I somehow would have guessed that top shelf means something like that :D

puki(Posted 2006) [#12]
Can you translate your website to English? I wouldn't want people thinking there was something wrong with you - ie, they may not realise it is actually a foreign language coz you are speaking English here.

Plus anything your site links to:

http://www.blitz.inarie.de/

That place is full of nutcases - or friends of "Agamer".

Email me when you are done, then I'll take a read through and correct any spellings.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#13]
Stranded was no doubt a great success. A lot of people start projects, but only a few of them finish a single project. Stranded has seen the light of day. Noless I'd suggest to add a couple of screenshots to the page, for all releases.

Personally I have no problems with the language, but puki is right, an english alternative would be useful.