Sprite fighter game video

Community Forums/Showcase/Sprite fighter game video

flounder22001(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here's the latest footage of a game my friend and I (mostly my friend) have been working on. Sprite fighter is a 360 shooter, currently with 22 levels and 2 bosses. The final version is going to have 8 more levels and another boss. Imo the game looks awsome and has progressed a lot since it's beginning. Enjoy!

http://www.agogsoft.com/files/sprite_fighter_full_level_2.wmv

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#2]
"That's the hotness right there."

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#3]
Well done!

Looks like Grid Assault without a grid though:
http://members.home.nl/wdw/grid.html

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#4]
Nice explosions! Looks very familiar though ;)

neilo(Posted 2006) [#5]
Holy smoke that looks good!

Is that Blitz Plus or BlitzMax?

flounder22001(Posted 2006) [#6]
its b3d, and if u played it ud find it very differant than others...i think........i havent really played any exept for geometry wars..which i found after making area 1, so area 1 kinda plays like it, after that its really differant. alot better too =D....in my opinion......can u all stop saying it looks like another game of the same genre just because its the same genre....its like saying every side scroller is the same just because there side scrollers......

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hi flounder22001 !

The game looks good. And the gameplay is very fast like an action shooter must be. Nice explosions ! I wait for a playble demo.

Regards
Blitzblaster

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#8]
Oh, looks nice man, I love these kind of games :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
wow most impressive. The side on explosions are great. Waht's this made in Max or B3D?

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#10]
Max or B3D?

its b3d

This look AwSoMe!!!

I love the lazer like beam type thing!

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#11]
Flounder - you need to change your name mate!

That looks like it will kick ass when it is complete. I guess it is on a commercial heading? If it is not - it should be.

@Grey it's B3D (see his second posting in the thread)

WOW is all I can say

Wow indeedie.

IPete2.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#12]
yes... quite hot indeed... i was reaching for the buttons myself :)

--Mike

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#13]
Flounder: yeah change your name to TotallySorted22001

EOF(Posted 2006) [#14]
Really impressive looking.
The laser attack in particular as well as the juicy explosions.
What control system are you using? Mouse+Keyboard method(?)

flounder22001(Posted 2006) [#15]
controles are keys for moving, timetravel, bombs, shield, and telaporting. mouse is for aiming, fireing, and lazer, when you telaport you go to your mouse location as well. all the controles are customizable, but key controles cant be changed to mouse controles and mouse controles cant be changed to key controles.
theres some more to see at www.agogsoft.com/spritefighter if your interested. an older gameplay video with random clips, and some screenies.

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#16]
That looks FANTASTIC !!!!

demo,now !!!!

Matty(Posted 2006) [#17]
Love it, looks great - would love to play it. Reminds me a bit of 'mutant storm' (I think that is what it is called) and perhaps a little of Robotron - I like games like this - 'immediate action'.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#18]
It looks pretty good. Reminds me of Llamatron which I think was possibly more fun, just because it had more interesting enemies. No offence, just that shooting circles and poky things isn't quite so stimulating as telephone boxes, sheep and mandlebrot fractals. ;-D

Nice effects, though.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#19]
Got to say think your on a winner if the game plays at the same speed as the vid shows.You have a nice set up there and the speed will counter the lack of Graphics hek maybe nockup a sprite mode with simple graphics and let them see what is better. I say vector graphics rock :) best of luck mate

El Neil(Posted 2006) [#20]
(hangs up blitz coding fingers forever)

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#21]
looks really exciting! I felt a dragging sensation in my gut while observing the game play out... lasers were a nice touch ;)

Panno(Posted 2006) [#22]
cool

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#23]
stunning visuals...

HopeDagger(Posted 2006) [#24]
Looks fantastic. Is there an estimated release date? :)

Jason W.(Posted 2006) [#25]
wow....very impressive!!

Jason