Eschalon: Book I -- June Update

Community Forums/Showcase/Eschalon: Book I -- June Update

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#1]
New information on the game, plus 6 new screenies!

Stop by to check them out!

= Tachyon =

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#2]
is this Blitz3d?

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#3]
Boiled Sweets: BlitzMax

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
This looks VERY slick - any change of a demo / beta etc?

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#5]
Yep, there's a very good chance that we'll do an early, semi-open beta test for only people here in the Blitz community. I am working on getting the demo portion done in the next couple months then I'll post a sign-up link in the forums and let other Blitz developers the first chance to see it in action and give feedback.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hey, this looks like... well, eh, polished professionally done game!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
I wanna play this :-) I said it last time round too! demodemodemo.

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks for the kind words, guys! Grey: I promise you'll be included in the test.

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#9]
Really impressive. Congratulations.

With that screenshots, in only the player moves a little the game will be impressive too, xD

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#10]
Hmmm, is it for PC or just Mac? I wouldn't mind testing an old fashioned RPG like this...reminds me of the look in the Geneforge series, with better graphics and cleaner interface.

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#11]
Reminds me of Diablo/Ultima here...very nice graphics.

Only thing I'd find that'd bug the crap out of me due to personal preference is that the actual game screen is surrounded by the HUD, I like my HUDs being overlayed on the actual game graphics themself, and the game graphics take up the whole screen instead.

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#12]
OrcSlayer: PC and Mac (PC first)
Genexi2: The HUD is there to keep the "old school" feel of the game and to keep the frame rate up on older computers. The HUD allows us to limit the render area and thus maintain a quality frame rate.

=BUT= We do actually have an option in there now to remove the HUD and go full screen (hotkey toggle). If we can work out a few of the bugs we will definitely have this feature in the final version.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#13]
the hot key sounds good. I'll use it for exploring and then flip back to HUD in combat etc.

puki(Posted 2006) [#14]
I remember this project.

I suggest you sell it to me - or at least give me the code and media.

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#15]
awsome work.

It dose look so dam good!

I love the idea of dynamic lighting, the night time screenshot you have is realy dramatic.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#16]
Yep, gotta say this is looking really good.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#17]
screenshots 3 and 5 look a bit dark on my monitor, should I boost the brightness or gamma?

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#18]
You should make a worklog on this game :o Im sure we'd all love to read it :D

Looks like a sweet game, I hope you keep going.

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#19]
I'm not sure about the gamma, Grey. I recently switched from a CRT (great contrast but the color was going out) to an LCD (great color, no-so-good contrast), so I may need to do some tweeking on the internal gamma to rebalance everything. I'll get some feedback from my current testers on what they think.

Regular K: I'd love to do a public worklog, but really this project keeps me so busy I just don't have a lot of time for PR work. I promise to drop messages here every so often to let people know of updates. And yes, I'll keep going because this is my *job*! :)

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#20]
The screen looks very nice. There must be a hard work to create this game. Respect ! I keep an eye of this game and whait for a playable demo too.

Regards
Blitzblaster

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#21]
Tachyon...the word "category" is spelled incorrectly in the item information window.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#22]
Sign me up for PC alpha testing, if you have any open spaces :-)

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#23]
Chroma: I assume you mean the very early alpha screenshots in Blitz gallery? Yes, there are several typos on those screens actually. I think all the current screenshots are correct.

OrcSlayer: I've got a few more weeks before I'll be ready to test. I'll post a message here with a sign-up link when it's time.

Thanks very much for the kind words, everyone!!