New publisher looking for games

Community Forums/Showcase/New publisher looking for games

fall_x(Posted 2006) [#1]
First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where to post, so I just went with this section. Feel free to move it if it's completely out of place.

We are a communications agency, with numerous successes in the internet industry, and we're about to get into the online game publishing business. We are currently working on our website and sales platform, but we're already looking for games that we can sell. We already have one supplier, and we're also working on some in-house titles, but we need more.

We're mostly looking for casual games, but we're open for anything. Ideally the games should have a playable demo (online or offline) and a full version that we can sell.

If you already have a game (or multiple games) finished and are looking for new opportunities to sell it, or if you're looking for a deal for a game you're currently working on, don't hesitate to contact me at sven [at] mcbrando [dot] be or reply in this topic.

As for payments, we would share part of the profits with the authors of the game. I can't give you any numbers, because there are too many factors and it will differ for every game. At the moment, we don't do any payments up front, but this may very well change in the future.

Thanks for your time, and we're looking forward to hearing from you!

Sven Magnus

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi, please look at Xmas Bonus and Easter Bonus here: http://www.greyaliengames.com/games.php They are not exclusive with Indiepath/Cloverleaf Games and if you were to sell them, I wouldn't want it to be exclusive either. Both of these games got on Big Fish Games and Reflexive Arcade and did pretty well.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#3]
Best of luck with this venture.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#4]
Best of luck with this venture.

fall_x(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks Grey Alien, I'll look into it. Non-exclusive is fine.

Thanks Indiepath! Just a note, I'm having trouble getting igloader to work on opera and internet explorer, it's only working on firefox for me. It might be my office computer though, it's pretty old and needs replacement, but still it might be something to keep in mind.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#6]
Take a look at...

qoob - www.boiledsweets.com/qoob
KeePeeUppy - www.boiledsweets.com/KeePeeUppy
RetroSphere - http://www.boiledsweets.com/RetroSphere

Demos are avaiable for qoob (still in development) and RetroSphere (complete). The full version of KeePeeUppy can be downloaded!

fall_x(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks, but my anti virus software (antivir) identified "powerspy" in both demo's. Any idea why?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#8]
Weird!

Erm no - there is NO spyware in there I can assure you!!!

I use NOD32 (used by Microsoft!) and PestPatrol and they keep my machine 100% clean.

I have also recently used Symantec AntiVirus 2006 and it found no pests, trojans or viruses so not too sure why yours does. I'll grab a copy of and try and get to the bottom of it, in the meantime please accept my assurence that my software is CLEAN!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thanks Indiepath! Just a note, I'm having trouble getting igloader to work on opera and internet explorer, it's only working on firefox for me. It might be my office computer though, it's pretty old and needs replacement, but still it might be something to keep in mind.

Opera 9 Broke it, working on a fix. IE? What version?

fall_x(Posted 2006) [#10]
I have also recently used Symantec AntiVirus 2006 and it found no pests, trojans or viruses so not too sure why yours does. I'll grab a copy of and try and get to the bottom of it, in the meantime please accept my assurence that my software is CLEAN!
Yeah, I didn't think it would be intentional, probably a problem with antivir. Still, I can't test the games right now as I'm at the office and can't risk anything.
Opera 9 Broke it, working on a fix. IE? What version?
Well, I only updated to opera 9 a few days ago, and couldn't get igloader to work on opera 8 either before that (tested your games a while ago).
My IE is version 6.0.2800.1106.
But my current office pc hasn't been reinstalled for a few years (I know, I know), so I'm guessing the problem would be solved after reinstallation. I'm getting a new pc soon anyway.
If you have some tests I can perform to see what the problem is, I'm willing to do this for you.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#11]
Just downloaded AntiViru and run against my software. No problems found.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#12]
Just downloaded AntiViru and run against my software. No problems found.

fall_x(Posted 2006) [#13]
It's not AntiViru, it's AntiVir (http://www.free-av.com/). Maybe that was just a typo, or maybe it's a different product. Anyway, I'll have a look at home, but it will likely be tomorrow.
Thanks!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#14]
Sorry meant AntiVir

Seems to be their problem - anyhow cannot recreate the problem and don't particularly care because I'm sure my software is clean and rather trust NOD32 over AntiVir I'm afriad.

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#15]
What about selling Granada Racer over internet? If you are interested please take a look at it and email me!

www.granadaracer.com

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#16]
Have you seen my current project Gyroman, a few threads below this one?

fall_x(Posted 2006) [#17]
What about selling Granada Racer over internet? If you are interested please take a look at it and email me!
Looks interesting, I'll play it some more and contact you soon.

Have you seen my current project Gyroman, a few threads below this one?
No I hadn't, but I have now, and it looks pretty cool, could you send me a demo somehow (even if it's just a WIP)?