Crazy Chilli update!

Community Forums/Showcase/Crazy Chilli update!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
* New version...

* About Crazy Chilli
Crazy Chilli is THE ultimate screen saver for chilli lovers every where! Watch chillies bounce around your desktop in hypnotic patterns. Crazy!

Features 100 different chillies including the world's hottest chilli, the Dorset Naga!

* What new - Version 1.01

Upped number of chillies from 35 to 100 !

Added 3 new different types of motion, Bounce X, Bounce Y and Fall.

Added configuration interface to allow the configuration stuff to be changed without needed to edit the cfg file

Added option to allow the desktop image to be used as a background so the chillies get drawn on the desktop not a black background

Added option to allow the chilli names to be shown

Added option to draw shadows (only active when using desktop as background).

Added option to periodically change the chilli image.

http://www.boiledsweets.com/CrazyChilli

* Chillies available in the full version
Red Thai, 7 Pod, Acrata, AgnettoGold, Aji-Amarillo, Aji Andean, Aji Cachucha, Aji Chombo, Aji Criolla Sella, Aji Dulce, Aji Rocoto, Ancho, Anders Antillerna, Antillas Caribbean, Apple Heart Pimento, Arivivi, Baccato Da Orto, Baccio Di Satana, Baldi, Banana, Bangalore Torpedo, Barbados, Bell, Black Coban, Brilliant Star, Budapest Grossi, Cambuci, Cayenne, Cheese Pimento, Cheirode Para, Cherio Recife, Chile De Agua, Chilhuacle Amarillo, Chimayo, Chinchi Uchu, Chirel Grande, Chocolate Habanero, Christmas Chinense, Chupetinho, Cool Peach, Corno Verde, Crazy Chilli, Crimson Hot Green, Crimson Hot Red, Cumari O Passarihno, Czechoslovakian Black, Datil, Dearbol, Devils Tongue, Dry New Mexican, Dryred Serrano, Dundicut, Earbob, Ecuadorian Hell, Ecuadorian Hot, Explosive Ember, Fatalli, Firenza, Francisca, Green Aceituno, Green Cherrapeno, Green Chile De Comida, Green Cumari, Green Dorset Naga, Green Serenade, Green Serrano, Habanero, Hotwax, Hungarian, Jalepeno, New Mexican, Numex Suave,
OrangeAceituno, Orange Dorset Naga, Pasado, Peter Pepper, Pimento, Piquin, Poblano, Red Cherrapeno, Red Chile De Comida, Red Flame,Fountain, Red Rocoto, Red Serenade, Red Serrano, Red Thai, Savina 1, Savina 2, Scotch Bonnet, Tabasco, Tepin, Tequilla, Tien-Tsin, Ulupica, Vallero, Yellow Cheyenne, Yellow Corno Di Toro, Yellow Cumari

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hmm, reminds me of the "Big Bang." Was the start of this game supposed to be like that, where a big explosion just sends the chilies all over the screen, and you have to eat all of them before time runs out? What's the idea here?

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#3]
<shakes head slowly at IronBob. As ever.>

It's a screen saver. That's the idea here. See the link? The one that tells you all about the product? Click on it. Y'know, like people do on the internet. Just one click should so it. Now read the first line you see in the main page. The sixth and seventh words. Any clues as to the idea of this? Anything at all?

FFS.

[edit] Sorry Boiled, forgot to be on-topic. Very nice looking. This could be really lame (it's not), but it's so well-packaged and presented it looks very professional. Also
Upped number of chillies from 35 to 100
is now just moving into the realms of obsession! :o)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
LineOf7s,

thanks for the great feedback...

You know me and feature creep? I hate those decimal numbers too - maybe 256 chillies would be 'better'.

Seriously though, I have a killer idea for my next game...

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2006) [#5]
This is pretty well done. The only minor flaw i saw was that your transparet color in the chili's with eyes was misused in the middle of the eyes/mouth.

IKG(Posted 2006) [#6]
Sorry, but who buys $10 screensavers? Not trying to sound negative or anything, but they're just chillies. How much fun can someone have just staring at chillies moving around?

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#7]
Screensavers are seen as a way to further customise your pc theres nothing worse than having a £1500-£2000 Powerhouse of a pc and having a crappy box or MS logo bouncing around your screen. I Prefer ones that are Novel,Film or Comic based my self but hell good luck with your project

smilertoo(Posted 2006) [#8]
i just get my pc to turn off the screen.

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#9]
Fact is, there are people that buy screensavers. If Boiled Sweets wants to try to sell to those people, what do you care?

If he sells absolutely nothing, then you can quietly chuckle under your breath and say "I told you so".

I don't get why people by ringtones either, but they do. To each their own, I guess.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#10]
I kinda agree with IGK but fair play to you Boiled ... you must have sold at least a few copies of each so why stop ;)

100 different chillies .... you are indeed the chieftain of the loonballs!!!

Stevie

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#11]
Stevie G,

you are indeed the chieftain of the loonballs!!! And it might even grace my website as user feedback. I love it.

thats the nicest feedback I've ever had. Many thanks!

Ryan,

I'll check it out - thanks for letting mee know.

For the rest of you doubters...

Vorboils (screen saver) sold well enough to make it worthwhile. Watchaball (screen saver) has also sold. Crazy Chilli will too. The fact is I write software you my own amusement, if it sells then thats a bonus. I like screen savers so I write screen savers. Some people like screen savers and some even buy then. If you don't like them then don't use 'em. OK?

[edit]
Crazy Chilli has it's first sale just now :-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#12]
Crazy Chilli has it's first sale just now :-)
cool, well there's hope for us all :-)

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2006) [#13]
When you desing a product, it is your choice to decide how it is taxed and how people may use it. This isn't really my thing, but many people like this type of novilty. There are whole sites of chiliheads (as they are called) you might try finding some of those to market to. Good luck!

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#14]
Boiled Sweets....there's only one "l" in Chili. =p

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#15]
there's only one "l" in Chili. =p
Actually no - it's both. And certainly here (Australia), 'chilli' is the dominant spelling.

On a semi-related note, there's definitely only one L in "Chile" though.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#16]
I love chillis (the meal). I cook one a week and eat it with flour tortillas, rice, salad, cheese + red wine. Lush.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#17]

Boiled Sweets....there's only one "l" in Chili. =p

I'm English and the spelling here in England is chilli NOT chili - so Crazy Chilli is correct as far as I'm concerned.

Also it's chillies not chillis

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#18]
not chillis
lol, that was just a typo...because I'm such a carp trypist.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#19]
Anyway I am a happy chappy. Just had my faulty Ati Radeon 9700 Pro replaced free of charge with a Ati Radeon X1600 Pro!

Nice one Crucial!

IKG(Posted 2006) [#20]
I wasn't trying to discourage Boiled Sweets; I would never do a thing like that. I was asking out of curiosity since I never understood how people are amazed by screensavers when they're meant to go on when the person isn't there. If anything, your success with screensavers has inspired me.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#21]
IKG,

no discouragement taken...

I like to watch and interact with Vorboils ( http://www.boiledsweets.com/Vorboils ) - it's more than just a screen saver - go try it.

Anyhow, I have always (since Win 3.1) liked screen savers and before that old skool demos that ran on DOS 3! I even wrote my own in C so I like crazy graphics stuff that happens for no reason at all.