Su Doku Live is in the #1 slot at Apple.com

Community Forums/Showcase/Su Doku Live is in the #1 slot at Apple.com

pls(Posted 2006) [#1]

This game was made with Blitzmax, using also Maxgui, and it is making it big! Both the Windows version and the Mac version are being very well received.

Su Doku Live is now on the #1 downloads promo slot at Apple.com.

Go get it! Download it for Mac OS X (Universal binary) or Windows (98/ME/2000/XP)

Kuron(Posted 2006) [#2]
Congratulations!!

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#3]
very well done!

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#4]
hey.. nice... congrats.. :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
That's pretty mental, well done. btw, your website is nice. Great animation and funny cartoon.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#6]
Not bad for such a basic game, surely riding the wave of the already existing frenzy about this puzzle. :-)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#7]
This game takes it to another level due to the fact that you can play multiple people simultaneously across the web. Fantastic!

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#8]
Well done! I'm interested to know how Linux sales go (compared to Win and Mac).

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#9]
Good job. Someone was bound to make a sudoku videogame, so I'm glad it was a Blitzer.

pls(Posted 2006) [#10]
beaker: I have no Linux binary yet.

Right now Mac sales are 96%, window sales are 4%. Natural since I do not promote the PC version (I have a serious issue with Windows: I hate it with a passion) and you know how the apple thing turned out already.

PLS

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#11]
Congratulations man!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#12]
Does 96% and 4% reflect that you've sold 25 copies?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#13]
AngelDaniel. Sneaky, people must remember that when posting Integer %s for a low number of sales, stuff can be calculated. However, he could have a) rounded those %s or b) sold 100 or 250 etc. copies or some other nice divisible number ;-) or maybe c) sold 24 or 26, rounded this to 25 first and then worked out the %s.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#14]
Props!!! Glad its doing well, and looks nice and polished!

pls(Posted 2006) [#15]
AngelDaniel: not even close. The numbers are rounded.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#16]
Good for you. It must be doing well on the front page of apple games.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#17]
Oh well, just a guess. Good for you.

SopiSoft(Posted 2006) [#18]
Well done, looks good.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#19]
Well, if you did a Linux version, that would probably sell like hotcakes, too, I'm quite sure. After all, I do run SuSE 10, so I'm all open for a game like this. I also run Win XP Pro (and I wish I didn't, but hey, majority rules, unfortunately). This must be so good of a game, I bet you have an expansion pack in mind for this with more puzzles...

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#20]
Expansion pack? Sudoku already has about 6,670,903,752,021,072,936,960 possible combinations or do you mean totally different games?

pls(Posted 2006) [#21]
Grey alien:

I think he means totally different games: kakuro (cross-sums), killers sudoku, etc.

Apple pages sure bring a lot of exposure. The Macintosh market works very well. It's completely different from the windows market in everything, starting with the fact that _ALL_ major sites are free (Apple.com, versiontracker.com, macupdate.com, freshmeat.com, etc, etc, etc) and ending with the fact that Mac users are not exactly the "warez type of crowd". A lot of my registrations are from people over 35 years old, some... quite famous (i.e. cannot show names, sorry).

PLS

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#22]
pls: sorry for my ignorance about different types of games. Anyway sounds cool that the Mac sites are free and theat you are getting good sales!