Watchaball 1.02

Community Forums/Showcase/Watchaball 1.02

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
Boiled Sweets are proud announce the release of Watchaball 1.02!

What's new?
• Added 2 new balls, footballs, and apples!
• The ‘flags’ on the rubber theme had too much mass for the balls to move them, corrected.

Watchaball is a truely mesmerising and watchable 3D screen saver!

Watching Watchaball whilst it constantly spews balls made of various materials onto platforms, spring boards, rotating paddles and other animated objects never becomes tiring especially as they all behave with totally accurate physics.

Bouncy balls bounce, metal balls skid and fall with a thud, even tennis balls become fun to watch as they collide with each other, everything around them and sometimes even explode in a burst of smoke and flame!
Watchaball is highly configurable and can even run in interactive mode! What are you waiting for? Start watching balls with Watchaball...

Grab it here http://www.boiledsweets.com/Watchaball/index.php

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'm trying not to be cheeky here, but, don't you think £10 ($17) is a bit much for a screen saver?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
well it looks ace, and time will tell on the price. People DO sell screensavers and this one's good quality. But you can also get screensaver packs can't you. It all depends on the competition I guess including free ones.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
Here's my weird logic...

I write this for my own amusement.

I don't think that anyone will buy it, so...

I charge £10.

If no-one buys it then fine.

If some-one buys it then great.

Do you have a problem with that?

The thing is ShareIT takes their cut so if I charge say £5 then ShareIt are actually getting more than 50% of the cost. More than enough people happily parted with £10 for Vorboils, so why not Watchaball and Crazy Chilli?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
yeah it's fine logic, no worries. Same with my Game Framework, I've set a price that will deter time wasters, and if anyone sees the real value of it or likes it, they'll buy it. If not, I don't mind, I need it anyway for my next game.

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#6]
It's really difficult to say what is the value of a game/3d application or any software.

Is it the time of production? the number of people working? the quality of the graphics? the time you spend with it?

I think that developers must set the price, then, if you think it is worth, you buy it, and if not, don't buy.

Great Screensaver!

Cheers.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#7]
thanks Grey and Kurix...

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#8]
Right, whatever. It's a forum board. Express your opinion and that.

Here's my weird logic:

Don't question anything anybody does, cause they get all defensive.

Orca(Posted 2006) [#9]
I agree with Kurix( and ross already knows my opinion from irc ;) ).

I havent actually downloaded the screensaver, but if it works as advertised, then whats the problem?

No one is forced into buying it. A screen saver is the type of thing that people buy with disposable income. Its not like hes scalping something that people absolutely depend on, ie food or medicine.

Also, the people in this community are developers. The natural instinct I think is to look at something and say it took x amount of effort and y amount of time. I don't think your average joe schmoe or stay at home mom browsing the net really cares how much effort was involved. If they want it, and its within a price they can afford, they'll buy it.

I say, whatever he thinks its worth, he can and should charge. If its too much for you, then dont buy it.

:)

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#10]
My main point i guess, is my awe at people who would pay £10 for a screen saver, so, it's not an attack of any kind.

Orca(Posted 2006) [#11]
/me throws a hadouken at RossC

:D

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#12]
I wasn't pissed off just stating my case.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they agree with me :-)