Crazy Chilli released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Crazy Chilli released!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]

Crazy Chilli is THE ultimate screen saver for chilli lovers every where! Watch chillis dance around your screen in hypnotic patterns. Crazy!

Features 32 chilli types including Green Serrano, Red Serrano, Cayenne, Datil, Dried Red Serrano, Ancho, Francisca, Scotch Bonnet, New Mexican, Banana, Savinas, Pimento, BrilliantStars, Poblano, Red Thai, Hot Wax, Dried New Mexican, Jalepeno, Dearbol, Tepin, Habanero, Aji-Amarillo, Bell, Dundicut, Tequilla, Tien-Tsin, Hungarian, Tabasco, Piquin chillis and don't forget the Crazy Chilli too!

http://www.boiledsweets.com/CrazyChilli

Kuron(Posted 2006) [#2]
Without a doubt, the most unique idea for a screensaver ever.

Yan(Posted 2006) [#3]
A credit somewhere would have been the polite thing to do...Nice chillis thought.

@Kuron - Don't forget the bouncing cheese! ;o)

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#4]
Without a doubt, the most unique idea for a screensaver ever.

The most *unique* idea was probably the flying toasters from two decades ago...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#5]
JeremyTheJovialJackal,

A credit somewhere would have been the polite thing to do

Most humble apologies - didn't know you wanted one. Will add a credit today. Sorry.

And thanks for the framework. Awesome stuff!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi JeremyTheJovialJackal

OK?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
lol at the about box...

Chevron(Posted 2006) [#8]
Looks like a novel idea for a screen saver but do you really think that something like this will sell?

Not that i'm putting it down by any means.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#9]
Chevron,

dunno if it will sell. Unlike a lot of people here I'm not doing it to sell product just to learn and play around. I have a 'history' with B3D screen savers and apps and wanted to move to MAX so this seemed like a nice easy way in.

I write things for myself mostly. If it sells then great...

big10p(Posted 2006) [#10]
Ever heard of Freeware? :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#11]
Yup in fact all my apps (c, vb) were freeware for a number of years (approx 10). I even ran a free BBS many years ago.

Now I figure if there is any real desire to 'own' the software then the meagre price is warrented and is pays for the next BRL product etc etc.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#12]
Now I figure if there is any real desire to 'own' the software then the meagre price is warrented and is pays for the next BRL product etc etc.
I respect your opinion, but you'd be surprised. People seem to get turned off, no matter how little you charge. Personally, I wouldn't dream of charging for a screensaver.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#13]
I personally wouldn't buy a screen saver either. There are alot of very cool free ones out there.

Yan(Posted 2006) [#14]
Eh...I could of sworn I'd posted already?...Damn you preview button...

Anyway...

LOL at the credit, that's great. I'm gonna get a perverse pleasure from thinking about your customers reading that and wondering what the hell you're on! ;o)

Sorry if I came across as a bit grumpy in my previous post, I seem to be doing that alot lately. I think I may be going through the male menopause or something. ;o/

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#15]
...but you'd be surprised. People seem to get turned off, no matter how little you charge.

Actually, big10p, you would be surprised how many requests I get to write screensavers. Some fan email even suggest that I charge too little.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of charging for a screensaver.

Well, you first have to create one, then you can dream of it :>

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#16]
Depends on the screensaver. I don't think I'd pay for the chili one, but there are those I have paid for. Like the flying toasters, A Disney screensaver I bought, and the Terminator 2 screensaver I bought. Unfortunately, all those work on Windows 3.1 and I haven't bought any since. Well, I did buy one that was a slideshow of different Sci-Fi landscapes, but I bought that for the pictures and never used it as a screensaver.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#17]
Check out Vorboils!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2006) [#18]
Aw come on don't make him use your nick name in his credits dialogue Ian - although as a Crazy Chilli it adds to the madness. ;-)

As for charging - so what! If someone puts in the work to produce a product, add it to their website design, setup a payment service through a particular company and give customer service on that product they deserve some financial reward.

If you personally wouldn't buy - fine. But don't snipe at somebody for putting in the effort on a product.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#19]
Well he can't very well just put in "Ian" or better still Squatting Neville lol.

Anyway, this is just another string to Boiled Sweets's bow and more power to them. It can also generate more site traffic even if sales aren't hot. Plus it's more experience yada yada yada.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2006) [#20]
Er, Grey he would obviously put his surname after Ian. :-P

Yan(Posted 2006) [#21]
My surname might be Pimply-Higginsbottom, for all you know, Steve. ;o)

Mr Sweets, if you'd rather use 'Ian Duff' and spoil my fun then feel free. ;o)
If you don't mind people knowing you used blitz, you could even use "www.blitzbasic.com community" (or something similar) instead.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#22]
I really didn't think this thread would end up being about your credit Jeremy.

However as far as I'm concerned the existing credit is perfect. And why would non Blitz forum people know that "JeremyTheJovialJackal" means its a Blitz proiduct.

And no I don't care that people know my products are Blitz, I even mention it often in the FAQ.

Would you rather I put ...

Thanks to JeremyThe JovialJackal Pimply-Higginsbottom :-)

It has quite a ring...

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#23]
Pics look nice Boil.

Sorry for the highjack, but is there a good mod to make screensavers in max? I want to make some crazy stuff like the cheese saver for fun myself.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#24]
Take a look in the archives - the framework is there.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#25]
Nice screensaver dude. Well Done :)

A link to the framework in the archives would be appreciated.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#26]
Finally I know Ian's surname as it isn't in his profile.