Twister maze game

Community Forums/Showcase/Twister maze game

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is just a simple maze game. It's like those on the web where you must guide the mouse through a maze, but this one has a twist, literally. Just click on the smiley face in the middle, then try and navigate your way through to the smiley in the upper left corner without hitting the walls.
You can get the program here.

Edit:New version uploaded. Now the program starts with a main menu. If you hit a wall, you have the option of retarting that maze by pressing SPACE or exiting back to the main menu by pressing ESCAPE. Also changed the Twister pattern and fixed a bug that left maze #4 unsolvable.

Edit 4-13-06: Version 0.2 now done. Fixed a bug which detected collisions when there were none. Also changed the logic in the programming to make further inhancements to the game easier. Also used Framework Assistant and UPX to make a much smaller executable.

Screen shots

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks like your image host doesn't like referers [sic]. They show up as broken unless I copy the image URLs and view them directly.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
..huhh..its looking like sick pacman..

flounder22001(Posted 2006) [#4]
its alright, enough for a few minutes of enjoyment. I didn't see a way to reset the game once you lost other than exiting/re opening it.

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#5]
Looks like your image host doesn't like referers [sic]. They show up as broken unless I copy the image URLs and view them directly.

What domain are you accessing it from? I have www.blitzbasic.com as a site allowed to hotlink. Just added blitzmax.com so maybe it works now?

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#6]
Flounder, this is just an extra early super alpha pre release version. Will be adding more features and cleaning up some of the graphics a bit as I go along.

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#7]
Ok, new version uploaded. Check OP for changes.

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#8]
Version 0.2 completed. I have a lot of plans for this game, different twisting patterns, two discs spinning at once, scoring and other things. Also will be working on getting better graphics. :)