Want to try my Pac-Man type game? (Windows/Mac)

Community Forums/Showcase/Want to try my Pac-Man type game? (Windows/Mac)

jhans0n(Posted 2006) [#1]
Well, I decided to learn BlitzMax the other day, and whipped up this quick little Pac-Man style game. I know it's nothing revolutionary, and not nearly as polished as some of the great stuff I've seen on here, but it was just a learning exercise for me.

It's written in BlitzMax, and there are both Windows and Mac OS X (PPC) versions available. It uses keys like MAME's defaults, and even includes a special "cabinet mode" that lets it behave exactly like a MAME game. The sound effects are not final...

Anyway, you can download the beta here (there's a screenshot too) - http://www.jhanson.com/beta

Please be gentle. I'd prefer the feedback in private, if you don't mind. You can email me at the email address listed on the download page.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
Just a tip, as you've asked for private feedback, your thread will drop down the showcase page pretty quickly as no one will be posting comments. This maybe isn't the best thing for exposure...

jhans0n(Posted 2006) [#3]
Honestly, I'm not looking for exposure. I'm looking for a few people to try it out and give me some feedback.

jhans0n(Posted 2006) [#4]
I just wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to look at my project and send me feedback. Your suggestions helped me make it into a much better game. As soon as a couple more of my Mac-using friends get back to me on their tests, I should be able to call it finished and post the final version on my site.

Thanks again!