Tom's Hen House released

Community Forums/Showcase/Tom's Hen House released

anawiki(Posted 2006) [#1]
ANAWIKI GAMES is proud to present the release of Tom's Hen House. It's available for download at:
http://www.anawiki.com/download/toms_hen_house.php

ANAWIKI GAMES website: www.anawiki.com
Tom's Hen House website: www.anawiki.com/game_thh.php

Special offer for Blitz Community - get 10% off the product price by entering coupon THHBLITZBASIC

[img http://www.anawiki.com/screens/thh/!main.jpg] [img http://www.anawiki.com/screens/thh/!dotarczy.jpg] [img http://www.anawiki.com/screens/thh/!mapa.jpg]

all the best
Roman Budzowski

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#2]
Lovely looking game there!

big10p(Posted 2006) [#3]
I saw thins in the showcase. Looks very well produced, indeed. More of a kids game though, I'm guessing?

semar(Posted 2006) [#4]
Very nice and polished gfx !

Roman,
did you make it with B3D or BMax ? Which other tools did you use ?

Again, nice looking game.

Good luck with business,
Sergio.

P.S.
The picture links don't work (page not found 404) because they point to the link games_thh.php instead of game_thh.php

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
looks great, is this a blitz game? Or maybe just a special offer for the blitz community? Anyway good luck.

anawiki(Posted 2006) [#6]
Game is made with BlitzMax. It took us half a year to make it (instead of 2 month that I though it will take). It was very hard to get it to the end, because some of my team members decided to go abroad, take vacation and so on.

As for other tools, we either made them ourself (for custom work) or used existing gfx software (PSD & 3d).

Roman
PS. Thanks for pointing out link error.

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#7]
Pretty good game, I found myself playing it for about 30 mins. However, theoretically, when catching the eggs from the higher level, you can still catch it in the air before it hits the ground if you move fast enough...but you can't seem to in the game.

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#8]
looks interesting, I am on 56k dialup, but will download it from my sisters house and check it out :)

anawiki(Posted 2006) [#9]
Neuro, I'm glad you like it. Did you play till demo was over?

You can do the trick and catch eggs in the fly - it means that when egg is off the gutter but not yet in the basket and when you move basket to the gutter and egg is not too far away from the gutter.

I'm not sure what you mean by this: "but you can't seem to in the game"?

regards
Roman

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#10]
Roman,

Lovely work - pat on the back to you and your team - very professionally produced work! I like it a lot.

Looks great, very crisp and nice design, music is right for the job too. Aside from the characters it has a real Aardman feel about it, I think its the clucking hens... :)

I hope it does well for you - you have quite a nice repetoire of good looking work.

IPete2.

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#11]
I'm not sure what you mean by this: "but you can't seem to in the game"?

I meant how when the eggs roll off the higher platform, it would fall off towards the ground if you dont have the basket next to the current gutter. I found myself trying to catch it while it fell through the air into the ground (it already fell off the gutter and heading towards the ground). But it seems that if the egg misses the basket, theres no way to catch it anymore and will ultimately fall to the ground. Not that its a big deal, just something i noticed.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#12]
I found that too. It would be hard to program though guess.

anawiki(Posted 2006) [#13]
Not that hard to program probably, but could make game to easy (or confusing). And I guess egg should brake in the basket when catching in the move, so anyway no points for it ;-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#14]
I know it's too late to add this, but your game reminds me of a little handheld game where you catch pankcakes. When you have 5, you have to give them to the chef because your catcher is full. Now in your game the basket could never hold that many eggs, if it got full and new eggs smashed on top or rolled out you would be forced to empty the basket into a bigger one every so often, carefully timed so you didn't miss any more dropping eggs type thing.

anawiki(Posted 2006) [#15]
It's never too late as long as you did not start portal sales ;-) I wanted to add this feature (emptying basket) but I don't know how to merge it with existing gameplay (without adding much to player animation). I guess I could use right mouse button to empty the basket. But how would it look like? Tom can't bend more because he will look silly ;-)

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#16]
Not that hard to program probably, but could make game to easy (or confusing).

Well, the clockworks in my head tells me that it wouldnt really make the game easier, but adds more of speedy reflex reaction from the player. I thought the catching the egg part was already too easy, particularly since (for the levels that i played) that for each egg, it's timed so that you have just barely enough time to actually catch it - if you move fast enough.

But throw in the element of that even if you do move as fast as you can theres still a chance that you'll miss (essentially, the eggs will fall at irregular intervals) that you'll HAVE to (try) catch it in the air....thus adding some chaos to the game...would really make it interesting.

Just a thought!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#17]
You can get into a zone with the game where you see what chute they are rolling down and in which order so you just put the basket in the right place and wait each time. The more random approach and catching in air would make it more frantic and maybe more fun.

As for the emptying basket, you could just press down arrow (or move mouse down) and he would face the camera and dump them into a basket in front (or behind him if he faced the other way.)

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#18]
Cool graphics and that man, but the game is pretty boring... And considering a childs attention span is probably less than mine, then they'd get bored quickier than me. Oh, and during the second bonus round of aiming eggs at the board, the board didn't show up the second time round...

Anyway, good luck with your game and i hope you do well :o)