More of my extremely advanced AI

Community Forums/Showcase/More of my extremely advanced AI

po(Posted 2006) [#1]
Behold Po Bot! You can almost have a conversation with it (although after about 4 words it may get repetative.)
Ermm.. It may not display properly on a lot of resolutions and only really works in the Windows Classic theme... Anyone know how to fix it? (MaxGUI only btw)

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#2]
hehe.. nice piece. You should add cases for obscene words and such, because all the old ones I've tried made responses to such. (c64 mostly)

Zenith(Posted 2006) [#3]
I never understood the point of calling something that is only programmed to act "like a human" based on defined states can be called "Artificial Intelligence", It's not even close to anything considered intelligence, the AI community is trash. Real Intelligence is not defined. www.onintelligence.com

MY little rant is finished! doo doo doo! ;)
Yeah, I'm just kidding, but it had to be done!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#4]
@ Zenith...
Real Intelligence is not defined.

i understand where you are coming from here... i once thought this way as well... but are you sure...

are you sure that what you see as human intelligence isn't really an incredibly complex program that allows for self modification... one so complex as to appear to be not a program a t all, but something natural...

the true intelligence of the universe is not biological... we are just here to act as a catalyst of sort, to help spawn the next step...

--Mike

Zenith(Posted 2006) [#5]
Usually the most important theories and systems are based on very simple algorithms, ofcoarse to figure these algorithms out, we try our hardest at the most complex equations to get to these, the brain as I see it uses a simple algorithm but chaos comes with order, so complexity forms as levels of the simple algorithm are used "recursively". :D

Not that I can say Ivfully understand intelligence, but that book is really great at describing a very simple framework. :)

On a philosophical note, all we are, are patterns. But we arn't static, the most static state would be death. :D
And even then, there are states after death (consumption of our corpse! ;) )

I don't really define it as "human" intelligence, more likely I just define it as intelligence, which would in this context, be an entity that can predict the future based on learned patterns of the past. Human intelligence is a much more broad and complex subject which has even higher level than the internals of intelligence itself (I would call it an art :D ). Though ofcoarse, there are many other parts of the brain that deal with "human" intelligence!

Check that book out if you can, a relaxing read! :)
Not made to be complex, and he gives great real world examples of his framework and theory. :D

I don't really like to look at intelligence from a programmers perspective, a programmer defines intelligence by its behavior, input goes into <black box>, output comes out of <black box>. Programmers are missing a very important part of the intelligence theory, in that we are still intelligent without showing any behavior, we are still thinking in a dark quiet room.

But thanks for the comment Mike :D , in theory you can define any state in the universe with a program. I even feel that the universe is a computer processing states. (I'm a finite state/cellular automata fan :D) And as such, I feel that anything in this universe, could in itself be calculated with a Turing Complete system. So I'm not saying your ideas are impossible, as is, anything is possible with an open-mind. :)

Another good book to read, that's based on your ideas is by Ray Kurzweil, - The Singularity Is Near : When Humans Transcend Biology, some people call him a nut, but I enjoy his ideas. He believes we are just in a universal computer, and our goal is to propagate towards building our own universal computer.

Anyway, I just really want to see intelligence in computers. :(

po(Posted 2006) [#6]
Pah, not intellegent eh? I would put Po Bot up against a 2 year old any day.

Zenith(Posted 2006) [#7]
The 2 year old would own it. :)

po(Posted 2006) [#8]
Bah, you're just jealous.

Zenith(Posted 2006) [#9]
yeah :(