Early shot of qoob v0.10b

Community Forums/Showcase/Early shot of qoob v0.10b

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
Another 2 screenies showing the finished stairs and the planks.

This is a 8*8*8 world (512 possible locations), some worlds are 61*61*61 (250, 000+ possible locations). It's big, in fact it's very big! Did I mention it's big? Imagine running around a 3d maze with a quarter of a million rooms trying to solve puzzles and you get some idea of what qoob is all about. Version 0.10b coming very soon (another MAJOR update).

The editor is now SUPER charged and runs the a freight train and has had many enhancements - yup it rocks!

This is an actual world in the full game...

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#2]
" Imagine running around a 3d maze with a quarter of a million rooms trying to solve puzzles and you get some idea of what qoob is all about. "

Ummm. I have to say IMHO that sounds frightfully frustrating and tiresome.

I might be fun for a little while but wont people just give up on something that complicated??
Something huge is great if its a big open ended non linear environment, but for something with just one solution .... I dunno.
I would have to say keep them smaller.

Looks very impressive though.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#3]
Geehawk,

not all worlds will be that big! Its just a possibility...

Some people LOVE running around mazes trying to solve them. If this isn't your kinda thing fine don't play it.

Who said there was one solution. Often there are various ways to solve the world...

There are other world objects to interact with and not limited to...

Planks
Bolted Planks
Girders
Gas Masks
Gas Clouds
Triggered Bridges
Lockec doors/keys
Triggered secret doors
Triggered trap doors
Time bombs
Time capsules
Jet packs/fuel
Decryption key/terminal
Flares
Triggered teleports
Unstable blocks
Stairs

Plus coming soon...

More puzzles
Slides
Lifts
Guardian beings

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#4]
nahhh... it's anything but frustrating and/or tiresome... at least in my opinion...

the challenges aren't straight line, do this, do that, type things... and there is more than enough eyecandy, and 'strangeness' in each of the new worlds you must explore, that'll keep you busy, occupied, and interested...

and looking at the latest shots, there appears that even more neat stuff has been added :)

that stairway to heaven looks like it'll be a challenge in itself to avoid falling off into the void... can't wait to try it out :)

great looking job Sweets!!

--Mike

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#5]
i was trying out a earlier demo version, and i noticed that when you jump and hit the ceiling, and continue pressing the foward button, you move, attached to the cieling however, until you hit a wall.

I am not sure if thats been fixed yet but i think i recall you asking a question about gravity some time ago, and someone said you should use a line pick, then apply gravity. I found that this happens to me one my game also.

Any fixes yet? if so tell me how plz. I am curious. I think on my game i just took out the line pick and left regular old gravity to itself