JV-ODE For BlitzMax (Win32) Released

Community Forums/Showcase/JV-ODE For BlitzMax (Win32) Released

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#1]
The JV-ODE Physics Wrapper is now available for BlitzMax (Win32).

JV-ODE is an advanced user library supporting almost all of the Open Dynamics Engine functions wrapped inside a DLL (Dynamic Link Library).

The BlitzMax (Win32) version features a built-in 'bare-bones' OpenGL 3D engine module and B3D mesh loader module for demo purposes. The demos can be easily modified to run with any 3D engine modules available for BlitzMax (Win32).

More information is available here

You can download the demo version here - 238KB

Note: JV-ODE is -very- stable, if you experience any problems with the demo version it will most probably be due to the extremely simple built-in 3D module or your OpenGL drivers. If you already use one of the many 3D engine modules, it should be an easy process to convert the demos to run in your preferred engine instead, particularly if you have problems with the built-in engine.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Shweeet. Good work as always!

simonh(Posted 2006) [#3]
Any plans for a Mac version?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ooh look, another one! *stares at Vip3r*

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#5]
So Viper, did you ever come up what to do with owners of the Blitz3d version who want to buy the MAX version?

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#6]
From webpage...
50% discount

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#7]
ahh...my bad...thanks!

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#8]
@Cygnus: Cheers mate ;)

@Neuro: Thanks, check your inbox for the shiny new BlitzMax version :)

@simonh: I will definitely be looking at making a fully cross-platform BlitzMax module, it isn't likely to be in the form of JV-ODE though as it will need to be built specifically for BlitzMax from the ground up. It all depends on how successful the early testing goes really. One problem is that I have no access to a mac, so that may trip me up a little. As soon as I have a better idea I'll be sure to let you know ;)

Your Mini-B3D engine looks very promising btw, how's it going so far?
[edit] Ah you've posted a new worklog since I last looked... reading now :)

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thanks dude!!!!

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#10]
You're welcome Neuro :)

@simonh:
The MiniB3D engine is really coming along nicely by the sounds of it, who cares about mirrors anyway ;)

Can you let me know when it's released? I'd be interested in building a few MiniB3D JV-ODE demos if possible.

DirtBikeDude(Posted 2006) [#11]
For multi platform support, would I need to puchase each version separately or the newer version?
Thank you.

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#12]
Assuming that it's developed (no final plans yet), the fully cross-platform ODE module would be a completely separate product to JV-ODE.

JV-ODE is for Win32 platforms only, as it is based on a Windows DLL.

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#13]
I would LOVE to see some 2d examples.

I would then shleve out again to buy this, as I already have the b3d version.

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#14]
Yes, i second that!

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#15]
I have no problems giving VIP3R money, his support and friendliness, and awesome product makes money well spent :)

Right now though, I am concentrating on 2D and would love to see some samples.

I have a birthday coming up, so yeah, I would like to get this.

I did mail V1P3R about this before, he mentioned how it could be done, but I fail miserably at this stuff.

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#16]
Thanks both :)

I've posted a new 2D Spheres demo in JV-ODE Physics Thread 6 (Blitz3D Userlibs Forum) for you. It's created in the Blitz3D version of JV-ODE, but the same can be applied to the BlitzMax version.

Let me know how you get on with it :)

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#17]
dude, you rock

Thanks so much man !

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#18]
One more sale :D

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#19]
You're welcome Deux :)

Nice one Cyg, check your inbox ;)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#20]
Woot woot wooooot! :-)

Thanks!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#21]
Hey there.

I'm having a small problem- you've got Trimesh in there I see, but it looks like you perform some magic- How would you handle a custom Trimesh? (I've sent you an email- But i figure the answer might come in handy here too!)

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#22]
Hi Cygnus,

Sorry for the delay, I've got a nasty dose of Flu :(

The CreateTriMesh function is essentially the same as the Blitz3D version, I've emailed you the details.

You need to create banks for the vert and tri data, then send the banks to the ODE TriMesh function. I didn't include this code because it's specifically built for the JV-ODE B3DLoader module and might confuse users as it would be slightly different for each 3D engine.

If anyone needs any help building the TriMesh function for their preferred engine, please get in contact and I'll help you with it.

Once I've built up a function for each 3D engine, it will be included in the wrapper.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#23]
Thanks Viper! Get well soon!

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#24]
Hey if anyone got anymore 2D examples using JV-ODE, please post them!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#25]
'Ere, you need a thread in Max forums somewhere (unless i missed it)

Thanks, I implemented Trimesh support into our engine Viper, Thanks for your help!

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#26]
You're welcome Cyg :)

I've not created a JV-ODE thread in the Max forums yet, I don't know where would be best to put it tbh and I don't want to spam the forums.

I emailed James (Boyd) about creating a new thread before releasing V1.14, but he's gone AWOL. I hope he's ok.

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#27]
Hey if anyone got anymore 2D examples using JV-ODE, please post them!

Yes please !!! :)