Easter Bonus goes Gold! (Image Heavy)

Community Forums/Showcase/Easter Bonus goes Gold! (Image Heavy)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
Grey Alien Games is proud to present V1.01 of Easter Bonus, a classic and addictive puzzle game, now on sale at http://www.cloverleafgames.com

Love match-three games? Spring into action and play Easter Bonus. Slick and addictive and really, really cute; this is the latest game from the Xmas Bonus team. Fluffy chicks, chocolate eggs and the Easter bunny...we know you can't resist. A calorie-free treat for players of all ages.

Features:

- Gorgeous Cute Graphics
- Addictive gameplay
- 110 levels!
- Fun bonus items
- Lovely music

Download a demo here: http://www.cloverleafgames.com/download.php?id=1037 (7.16Mb)

I've spent a long time polishing this and have received very positive feedback so far. Big thanks to Quicksilva and Cygnus for all their hard work, and to Indiepath for being a great publisher. I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who helped me test the beta version and to those who gave me their support throughout this project.

Have fun and let me know what you think of it :-)

Best wishes,

Jake Birkett

Aymes(Posted 2006) [#2]
Congrats on the release matey! I'll give it a go when i get home! :D

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
cor that was quick! Thanks Aymes, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#4]
Congrats! great work! Excelent!

Love match-three games? Spring into action and play Easter Bonus. Slick and addictive and really, really cute; this is the latest game from the Xmas Bonus team. Fluffy chicks, chocolate eggs and the Easter bunny...we know you can't resist. A calorie-free treat for players of all ages.

How long did that take you to think and type out? Awww!

I can't wait! And my guess is, niether can Tracy!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
My partner Helen wrote it, she's a freelance journalist :-)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#6]
Jake, shouldn't you be getting on with the next game? No time to take a rest you know :D

Aymes(Posted 2006) [#7]
thats right! I already have a working prototype of my next project! :D

blimey, I think you deserve a break after all those hours on this though! :P

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#8]
A break? what's one of them?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
gah, I need a break, but I might just tweak this a bit more for V1.01, but there's no major pressure now. Then there is another game in the pipeline already, but gotta keep that one secret. When Easter Bonus starts shifting decent units I'll convince the other half to let me do more games :-D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#10]

Break? What is.."Break"? Very odd concept, these "Break".

- Indian dude from "Tech Support" series, www.illwillpress.com

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#11]
looks nice... hey, can i inquire to the approximate numbers of shipping titles these 'Bonus' titles are moving... i mean, if it's not too intrusive a question, or doesn't violate a sales agreement...

i'm just curious as you must be selling a few to keep on developing the series as you have planned...

...plus, i need a lil motivation from someone who is actually selling something :)

thx

--Mike

Aymes(Posted 2006) [#12]
There's a sales report on xmas bonus on http://www.gameproducer.net...

[edit] to be more accurate here

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#13]
Red: You asked so nicely. I was under a NDA but the publisher and I agreed to make the figures public for Xmas Bonus a few weeks ago. I will be under a NDA for Easter Bonus for some time, although I'll attempt to keep you informed of progress without mentioning numbers.

Actually that Xmas Bonus sales report doesn't show the whole picture (and the Net Profit figure is screwed up). Sales are now well over 200 and BFG's final Conversion Rate was 0.5% It was only released on 2 portals, this one should be on loads (fingers crossed) and it's more polished so it should get a better Conversion Rate, although it isn't Christmas anymore ... so ... we'll see. Wish me luck! Oh and uh ... buy a copy yourself only $19.99 ! :-D

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#14]
Hey, you did it... :))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#15]
yeah thanks for your help.

Avon(Posted 2006) [#16]
Well done Grey - I'll have a look at the demo when I get a chance. The screenies look cool though, and I know the gameplay is solid because of Xmas bonus.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#17]
THANKS GA for the info... that was motivating...

and good luck with your latest... i'll spread the word around... (no commision necessary)

:)

--Mike

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#18]
Good work Grey, nice to finally see it up. I`m going to have nightmares about those stars for the rest of my life but working with you on this has been a real eyeopener for me and has been tons of fun all the way through.

Jason.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#19]
thanks all for your support, it feels good. Hope your projects go well too!

Red: Glad to here it wasn't DE-motivating :-) Now download the demo and see what all the fuss is about ;-)

QuickSilva: Yeah, finishing a game is a major slog that not that many people have experienced. It took 163 hours to convert Xmas Bonus into Easter Bonus and countless more to originally program the Xmas Bonus engine!

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#20]
Congrats Jake!

Another one hits the 'shelves' - I hope you can make some decent money from these two games - I'm sure Xmas will sell again when Christmas comes around!

Well - it sounds like you need a good helping of COD UO - let me know when!

IPete2.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#21]
Thanks IPete2: It would be good to sell Xmas Bonus on some different portals again, but I might improve it a bit first then I can get it back on Reflexive and Big Fish Games hopefully.

Yeah a game would be good soon, I think on int.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#22]

I'm sure Xmas will sell again when Christmas comes around!

Im sure it will too! I kind of noticed a few days back that some of my tunes could easily be turned into Xmax-tunes! :P

Jake, again, well done. I ran out of demo time last night :P I've got the hang of it now though and got to level 6 or so. I'm still slow!

/me pretends he didnt make it easier

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#23]
I ran out of demo time last night
Level 6 is good going well. Well you know what to do now ... get your wallet out! :-D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#24]
/me pulls out his wallet.

There's some cobwebs, and some spideys. Want those? :D No? Awww!

Come Monday mate :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#25]
Monday, splutter, and what will poor Tracy do all weekend?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#26]
Wash my socks!?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#27]
Now uploaded v1.01. It's 800K smaller and has a much improved single instructions screen instead of two instructions pages:

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#28]
That looks better! :D

I can shrink the music down if you want, Not sure if you'll notice when its rendered at a lower quality? :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#29]
Thanks. Probably most people wouldn't notice but I don't mind keeping that size for now as I'm not planning on any immediate updates. Perhaps if we do another update in the future we could consider it. I don't want the bitrate too low or it'll sound like a bad Flash Movie, I hate that ultra compressed sound, yuk!

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#30]
You fixed it!

NOW thats a difference isn't it? :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#31]
yup 100% better :-) Thanx.

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#32]
Neato, much better.

Jason.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#33]
Where you have the actual puzzles, the candle is on the left, the text on top left, puzzle in the middle, so the right side looks totally blank. Maybe move the puzzle center a bit to the right to make it kind of symetrical.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#34]
thanks braincell. Actually most levels are centred on-screen rather than pushed right as it actuall feels more right despite the gap. Some later levels actaully go all the way to the right because they are so big. I'm not really planning on more changes at this point either, I need a break :-)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#35]
Now going live on other sites....