Tile Cascade

Community Forums/Showcase/Tile Cascade

*(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have finally released the final version of Tile Cascade, you can get it here

I will be updating me website soon to cater for the sales system. Comments/Critism would be appreciated.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
Your anchor is broke.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#3]
Screenies?

*(Posted 2006) [#4]
fixed the link :D, have a look at www.edzup.co.uk/tilecascade.html for screenies.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
You website page in the above post doesn't seem to have a clear way to download it! And only one tiny screenshot which you can't click on to zoom.

I'll take a look later if time...

*(Posted 2006) [#6]
I have put a link up on the website too :D

*(Posted 2006) [#7]
Its ready to buy now :D

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#8]
OK I had a look. Hmm, I gotta say it doesn't really stand up to current shareware games in the looks department and this would put a lot of buyers off imho, as it looks like a freeware game made 5+ years ago. With a major graphical overhaul it could be quite interesting I'm sure. Anyway, I'm jsut one opinion, others may differ. Good luck with it anyway :-)

*(Posted 2006) [#9]
I like the look but I do take ya point :D, IMHO todays games are much too bright.

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#10]
Heh... this is exactly like the game played using the tv remote control that my ex-girlfriend used to play obsessively!

Outrageously addictive, great fun. I agree, they 'Could' perhaps be tweaked up, but is that really necessary for a puzzle game?

here, it's the gameplay that counts.

Music: Fantastic! Quite well-suited in a 'different' kind of way
Graphics: I agree, they 'Could' perhaps be tweaked up, but is that really necessary for a puzzle game?
Presentation: Some great effects, but menu system can be a little confusing.
Issues: The 'HELP' screen was quite messy and the navigation arrows were not very clear so not obviously apparent. Perhaps making them opaque, bigger and brighter might help!
Also, maybe the Hi-Score table could be made NOT to obscure the menu?

All said and done, considering it's nature, I give it an overall 7/10

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#11]
I noticed the two menu issues mentioned above too btw.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#12]
This must be done in BlitzMax - it hates my win98 machine. All sound is distorted. I double-clicked the desktop icon and nothing seemed to happen until the game suddenly started after what seemed like ages. Well, the game didn't actual get going as it seemed to hang on the 'loading...' screen. I waited a couple of minutes. I figured things had gone tits-up but couldn't kill the app. Clicking the X button had no effect. I had to give it the three finger salute, in the end.

*(Posted 2006) [#13]
Hmm, yes its written in Max. I was under the impression that Max supported Win98 :|

big10p(Posted 2006) [#14]
I was under the impression that Max supported Win98
So was I but I always get sound issues and other whacky stuff happening with bmax apps. Just another reason why I'm not touching bmax at this point.

*(Posted 2006) [#15]
that makes it hard to sell the games to 98 users :|

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#16]
Downloading now, and I have just one thing to say so far.

19mb !!!!!!!

EDIT:

Okay. I'm guessing most of the 19mb is taken up with the images that are revealed as you play?? Cos as others have said the graphics are a little basic.

The falling fruit etc should not be so intrusive in the instructions screen. Because of them it took me ages to spot the navigation arrows which were grey and very unobtrusive. Also took a while to spot the power up icon things amoungst all that movement.

Gameplay was quite fun, although I would question the revealing of pictures idea. In fact it was not until level 3 I even realised a picture was appearing lol.
Just filling a meter perhaps would be enough. Or even continuous play that gradually gets more difficult rather than separate levels.

Also the menu kept disappearing to be replaced with high scores?? This seemed to be a bit random and happened a few times as I was going to select an option. Annoying.

*(Posted 2006) [#17]
Geehawk:I take ya comments and critisms:
Yup the file does contain a lot of images. I will make the navigation arrows more 'apparent' :) and add a fill meter. I will also add a high score button or maybe make the font smaller so its not so invasive on the game.

When its complete I will upload v1.1 :).