Fire In The Galley!!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Fire In The Galley!!!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#1]
... just a lil shot from a developmental piece of code running my sub sim obsession... nothing spectacular (yet :) ), but while i was working on a solution to the sub bow wake, and the problems i was having implementing them using a particles system, i decided to add a few more particle effects that i'm gonna wind up needing...

anyways... here's a quick shot or two...

kinda neat... eh... nothing great, but i'm amazed that i got two bow wakes, a fire, and some smoke working all together, along with the numerous loops that my lil OO engine is spinning around... some cubemapped reflection code, and all with verrrry lil slowdown...

next i'm gonna try a few explosions :)

after i get done 'playing around', i'll finish off the subs water dynamics functionality and start replacing the testures and cleaning up the models...

(thx Rob Cummings for pointing the way with his party particles demo )

--Mike

ckob(Posted 2006) [#2]
looking good on the first shot there is like a square in the water with boxes reflecting what is that?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#3]
thx ck...
those are the boxes from that lil simulated water physics demo i did when i started on my OO engine...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=56660

i'm building up all the classes on that bit of code, and haven't removed the boxes falling from the sky yet :)

--Mike

ckob(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ohh i see their actually sitting in the water I see it now. Looking very nice.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#5]
indeed, great progress.

Now guess the melody:

ta ta ta
ta ta tata
ta ta ta
ta ta
(hint: deep purple)

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
Smoke on the water?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#7]
hey... i was gonna say that :)

actually... i was gonna say the theme from Star Trek (the tv series)... everything that goes ta ta ta... sounds like the Star Trek series theme to me...

:)

ooops, i just realized i posted this in the wrong forum... this should've been in the graphics showcase forum... could one of the mods move it for me... thx...

--Mike

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#8]
dog gone it, it's started up again... this time at night :)

--Mike

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#9]
Havn't you finished this thing yet?

Geez, I remember when it was being made in RAD

big10p(Posted 2006) [#10]
*chuckle*

BTW Red - a fire that doesn't cast any light? :/

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#11]
hey... it is casting light... look at the side of the sub and the guy standing there about to be burnt to death... they look a lil lit up, don't they... it's a dark nighttime scene... without the fire, you wouldn't be able to see anything...

:)

best i can get so far in Blitz... i'm working it now...

--Mike

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#12]
Red:

This is looking good. Contact me about getting those reflections working properly- You will be able to reflect everything in the water- using Clip Planes.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#13]
hey Cyg... did you send me anything... maybe it got chopped up by my email security...

--Mike

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#14]
Hi Red.

yeah, I responded. Basically said I wont be able to take a look till the weekend since stuff just got *very* busy, and that your OOP engine will make it much easier.

I also had a problem doing a similar tachnique with D-Grafix, On his machine everything turned white, so i'm unsure how widely this will work- i've never had a problem myself or on anyone elses machine :)

[edit]

Also, I can't check the email in my profile until i get home- which is 5 hours from now.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#15]
ok... no problem... i know how busy things can get...

when you do send it up, make sure you clearly put CYGNUS in the subject line, it'll be sure to get thru to me this way...

thx

--Mike

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#16]
Red: Nice flames!

jfk EO-11110: You could also have done Burn by Deep Purple.