Screenshots of my project!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Screenshots of my project!!

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi all.

Recently i have upload a new W.I.P screen of my project to the project-website.

Still I have left much work to do but I hope that you like.

If someone dont want go to the webpage, i post the images here.

New screen:

other screens

Greetings.

OJay(Posted 2006) [#2]
wow that looks amazing O_O

thats on of the best looking rpgs with blitz3d i have seen. well except my own of course :P ^_^

nicely done!

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#3]
Looks fantastic ... nice models etc....

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
I'd like to play it!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#5]
whoa!!!! that looks amazing!!!

like box cover art from software selling from the top shelves...

this is Blitz3D... right... commercial project in mind?

--Mike

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#6]
For some reason, it reminds me of WoW.

Could be the stance

puki(Posted 2006) [#7]
OOOOOH!

HOW MUCH IS THE CODE AND THE MODELS?

IN POUNDS STERLING.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#8]
please finish it please finish it please finish it please finish it please finish it please finish it please finish it

puki(Posted 2006) [#9]
He's selling it to me - it's mine, mine, mine.

I like the tree log benches - well cool - would look nice in my game.

All we need is a contract that restricts me releasing the media in a game until a year after his release (or something like that).

Easy enough to sort out.

How much money do you want?

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#10]
Nice,Id be interested in where you got the models;)

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#11]
That other character that's actually sitting makes this really stand out.

Does that guy talk to you and stand up, too? :D

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#12]
wow awsome i cant wait to play it

xmlspy(Posted 2006) [#13]
Puki, you know that Bill Gates is going to steal it anyways... so shut up. The game looks great! I'll have my eye over it...

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#14]
L_Draven,

It looks like your game is shaping up nicely.

I think that the overall 'look' of the game could be improved by greater contrast in the light/shade of the levels shown. Greyish tones are fine for dull and rainy days, but with a nice blue sky you could expect more contrast. Even if the top shot is taken from a night or even evening scene, you need more contrast across the whole scene.

Take a look at some screen shots of something like "Fable" and see how the brightness and darkness make the whole land seem more alive and pleasant to be in.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/016/016526/img_2067116.html

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/016/016526/img_1293403.html

Currently the content of the screen shots look fab, but all across each area the ligthing look about the same level of tones of grey. I think it would be a lot nicer if you had brighter and darker areas. I think this would make your whole game more vibrant and even better to look at.

I'd love to play a demo of this - looking very nice indeed so far, great looking work so far.

Regards,

IPete2.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#15]
Oh god, I feel like giving up.

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#16]
Hi again.

First , thanks at all for your words. The comments help me to continue the project with more illusion.

- Red Ocktober: In this moment I want make a little demo with 2-3 levels and show it in Art-Futura Show (spanish event). And if the game pleases people, i think in a possible commercial version, but at the moment is not my idea. Only finish this demo with all features of the complete game :-)

- About the Wow, yes, you are in true Muzzer, i want my game have a Wow and Fable mixing styles.

- puki: the code and models are not on sale in this moment because still I have left much work to do.

- Xzider: All the models and coding are done by me in my free time. I am making this project alone, step by step :-).

- Mr. Picklesworth: Yeah, you will be able to speak with him and he can stand up.

- IPete2: thanks for your idea, In this moment i want finish other point of the game, like more models, IA, optimization, etc... And then i will decide the final look of the enviroment, but a lot of thanks, your idea will help me a lot.

When i have new screens or news I will post here. But you can visit periodically the webpage for more information about the project.

Thanks again to all post.

Greetings.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#17]
L_Draven,

Just to give you something to look at and compare and to show you what I mean...

Thats how I think the second shot down will look with some tweaking of the lighting.

Best regards,

IPete2.

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#18]
In this shot seems be at night and i would have to use a light for each lamppost. and i want use only one light in the sun position.

In any case, i will study this options. But first i must complete other points :-).

Thanks again for the shot IPete2.

Greetings.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#19]
L_Draven,

You would need to use lightmaps to create this type of 'look and feel' - with Gile[s] - not live lights. The way to achieve it is to lightmap sections of the map at a time rather than the whole map (which would be time consuming and create massive lightmaps).

For example - light a house along with anything which casts a shadow or light effect onto it, and save that as a part of a bigger map separately.

You could also programme some live DirectX lights which are turned on and off around where your character is currently, allowing realtime lights to affect characters as they walk passed.

I would use a sprite as a flare around each lantern to give the glow effect.

There are no easy fixes if you want something to look fantastic rather than just good. The effort will be well worth it I am certain.

I'd love to see the looks on people's faces when you show them your demo at the Art Futura show - you are gonna blow them away! lol!

When is it to be held?
Where is it to be held?

btw nice website - thanks for the English version too.

[edit] wow you have some fabulous models on your website - the characters in particular are wonderful!
IPete2.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2006) [#20]

Greyish tones are fine for dull and rainy days, but with a nice blue sky you could expect more contrast.

Couldn't agree more. If you load a screenshot from the game into Photoshop and take a look at the levels, you can see by the graph you don't have a full range of tones. The graph should start low in the left corner, build, then fall-off to low again.

Apart from that it's looking very impressive.

puki(Posted 2006) [#21]
SELL, SELL, SELL.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#22]
Puki - go to the website - you can buy media there - and it looks rather good too!

IPete2.

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#23]
Hi again.

I have tested some lightmap methods and this is the result in this moment. I think that looks better that the other images.

I continue testing, designing and coding :-).

Greetings.

puki(Posted 2006) [#24]
Nice picture - how much is it?

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#25]
Hi all.

I am coding a HDR filter like Fable style.

one test:

I hope that you like.

Greetings.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#26]
that looks great. just remember to make it an on/off option.

what's the FPS hit with that?

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#27]
L,

Yeah that's better - it doesn't need to be exactly like the effects in Fable but it lifts it straight away don't you agree?

If you can get more out of it I would try. I guess it all depends what you can squeeze out of Directx 7.x really.

The image on the right does now look more like the sun is in the sky. :)

IPete2.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#28]
Fantastic.

I agree with IPete2's comments about the lighting but you seem to be well on your way to sorting that out, L_Draven.

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#29]
This is a more accurate comparison. Squint hard.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#30]
i don't see much of a difference when I squint. then again, I don't squint when I play games.

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#31]
Hi.

markd in this moment with the filter i have around 46 FPS, but my computer is old, Athlon XP 1800+ and a ATI 9550. I will change it in a few time.

Thanks IPete2 and JustLuke.

halo, the filter of the image have an alpha of 0.65, but if I change the alpha to 1.0 the glow is more intense. By now is a simple test :-).

Greetings.

L_Draven

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#32]
Looks fabulous!

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#33]
I think Halo means, you don't really need a filter, just alter your textures. Screenshots look alot better :D

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#34]
That is so cool screenshots..I'm not into offline rpgs that much,but I would love to play it anyone,and if it were going to be online..well..Lets turn off the Everquest subscription

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#35]
And you made all those models yourself:) I need male/female models for my online game;)

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#36]
Hi L_Draven !

The screens look really good. A very nice Blitz3D Game.
When you need music for your PC Game, than i can handle this. For music demos look at my homepage.
But after the next 3 weeks, because i must go to the hospital for 3 weeks. End of march i`m back at home.

Regards
Blitzblaster

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#37]
I need music also..I was looking at your site,and I only speak english..

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#38]
Thats some nice sounds though.Sorry for reposting.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#39]
just in case anyone is curious, i figured out an easy way to see what a bloom filter would look like in your game. load up a screenshot in PS, duplicate the layer, set new layer to linear dodge, then gaussian blur around 3 - 4.

not that anyone around here cares about bloom anymore :)

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#40]
Hi all.
Thanks for your post.

Blitzblaster: i have visited your web and your samples sounds very very nice. Good job. I will remember it when i need music for the game. Thanks for the offer. ;-)

markd and halo:
I have made some test changing the brightness/contrast of the textures but the result its not the same like with the filter. I like the filter result :-).

I have 2 new W.I.P screens:

I hope that you enjoy it.

Greetings

puki(Posted 2006) [#41]
yeh

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#42]
Looking better man :o) The tree and grass textures seem to have a black outline round them. Try making your masked pixels have a colour closer to that of the plant, so you don't get the black bleeding in. Nice progress :o)

puki(Posted 2006) [#43]
ywh, awll, sell, sell

stayne(Posted 2006) [#44]
any updates?

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#45]
@ L_Draven: thanks this is nice to hear, when you like my music :-)

@ Xzider: Contact me, when you need music. I understand english :-) at my homepage is in english too.

Regards Blitzblaster

wizzlefish(Posted 2006) [#46]
That looks really neat. It makes me want to give up on my projects.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#47]
So much for me writing revival games on old Atari, NES, and Intellivision games, guess Plasmorg's gonna sink, badly... You win with that RPG, it'll change the way I see doing game development. I'm gonna be very, very patient in your release, and hope that I'll eventually see daylight in my projects, based on your experience.