Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping Demo

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#1]
A simple demo of Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping technique, to simulate water effect, like FarCry game ;o) , it's used simple quad with normal map for deforming texture on real time (fast and smart). for the moment, reflection/refraction not work,it's just time question.

download it : http://www.seyhajin.com (section "Telechargments")

screen :

Good coding !

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#2]
Impressive, good work Seyhajin!!!!

It looks really nice.

mrtricks(Posted 2006) [#3]
Excellent! Very impressed.

Rob Farley(Posted 2006) [#4]
Very nice! I'd love to see the code behind... or if you don't want to publicly share then send me an email. I'd love to use it in my helicopter game if it's not too processor heavy.

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#5]
the hard code, no.. :o) juste 3 commands CreateWater,RenderWater and ClearWater() :), simple and fast configuration !

Wait and see, i soon released my effect library (DreamFX) !!

thanks for comments !

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
yeah very smart!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#7]
Oh the power of DirectX 7 - Why do people think they need shaders and all that Jazz. Nice demo :D

puki(Posted 2006) [#8]
Yes, I very much like that.

How much is it?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#9]
Cool demo :o) But it must be reporting the number of polygons, incorrectly. If i can see 4 sides of the skybox, then, that's 8 polys right away, plus the plane. Very nice effect :o)

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#10]
the plane have a force backcull flags then +1 polygons :-P
FarCry it's possible on Blitz3D now !

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#11]
New Screens : a reflection texture, just one renderworld and copyrect need :), on screen reflection texture size is 512;

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#12]
very nice...when all this stuff will be available for purchase if it will not be for free??

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#13]
cooming soon guys, i test,debug it for avoid long bug report :oP, it'will be a shareware product (maybe 20-30€).

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#14]
okay..just make it available over PayPal or something similar...

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#15]
Dont know if it's just me, but the first picture looks to be reflecting other then the sky above it....as for the second shot, looks terrific given the texturesize!

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#16]
hi genexi2

the first picture used simple texture for testing a bump mapping and the second use a real reflection texture :o)

Mikele(Posted 2006) [#17]
Looks nice!
Is it dll function or pure Blitz?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#18]
I think pure Blitz...

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#19]
used more dx7 functions (dll) and less b3d code !

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#20]
gggooood

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#21]
I want to buy this now !! :)
Can i buy EA or Beta Please!!

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#22]
Yep, i'm def impressed with this. How easy is it to set up? And do you have control over the riplle size and such?

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#23]
Ross C :really simply to setup, for the water, it's just two commands :) maybe three...for adjust ripple size you just modify your ScaleTexture.

AlienForce : coming soon ;o), i debug the reflection texturing.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#24]
Great! :)

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#25]
It's nice and all, but in the second picture, the water is clearly reflecting things it cannot "see". In the top right corner of the pool, it's reflecting green grass, but there is no green grass there to reflect. All the green grass is on a flat area above, where it could not possibly be reflected in the water.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#26]
I think the cubemap camera was positioned the wrong way, as usual. I guess this can be fixed easily.

Really impressive, "manifique" sotosay (not the esperanto one).

seyhajin(Posted 2006) [#27]
Exact Gabriel, but the positionning is perfect now :).Thanks for comments !

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#28]
Impressive stuff. Scale texture was a bit obvious :o)

*Slaps himself*

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#29]
What are the limitations of this? The demo doesn't work well on my gfx card (nVidia GF4-440mx). Are you still planning on releasing it?