AI Bot Bash

Community Forums/Showcase/AI Bot Bash

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#1]
Demo actually works now!!!

AI Bot Bash is an Artificial Inteligents programming game for super nerds like me! I'm intending it to be a play by e-mail games but I'm seriously consideing making it a web based compition game where you submit your robots/tanks teams and they battle it out in a competition.

anyhow, it's still at a very eary stage and the graphics suck right now. Also the tanks don't destroy anything, but you get the idea.

If you want to try to write your on AI for the tanks you can load the script in the scripts folder and modify it. The code is based on FPS Creator's scripting language and is fairly simple

example
:state=0:radarrange=100,radarviewangle=90
:state=0,enemyseen:movefore

These commands first set up a radar, and then tell the tank to move foreward if an enemy is seen in radar.

:state=0: This is the condition block, it's always true or false

There can be multiple conditions

:state=0,enemyseen: If all conditions are true, then the actions after the conditions are activated

Here is the files for you to play with.
Download Demo Files Here

you can update the AI script live by hitting the U key.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#2]
*drools* Nice. I'll have a play.!

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#3]
lol- its the ashtray olympics according to SoggyP :)

nice looking. I will try it out later when i get the chance

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#4]
lol, their oil tank ashtrays!!! There's a difference! I have a lot of work to do to get the artwork up to speed. hopefully I'll have some actual destruction taking place in the game soon.

puki(Posted 2006) [#5]
AI stuff - nice.

Wait - it is broken - it doesn't run - has an error message.

sniff.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#6]
Wah!! I'll have to check that.

puki(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeh, something to do with not being able to find 'Logo.png'.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#8]
Yeah, the rar file got messed up when I uploaded it. I fixed it. Should work now

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#9]
Yep, that was it. The RAR archive got corrupted. Nice! It works now.

puki(Posted 2006) [#10]
I'm washing my hair.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#11]
I was wrong. It was a stupid direct file referance. God I hate that. I always forget to change the name of my project directory to make sure that there's no files trying to dig in there.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2006) [#12]
Meh, I notice that they do the exact same thing, all the tanks, every time. And then they get clumped together.

BUT, it's looking good and a very interesting idea!

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#13]
Well yeah. The AI sucks at this point. I'm just in the game frame work stage. Altimately they will have different code for each bot. For now there is only one script. Not the best demo, but I wanted to show something. Once I get the damage system in place, we should see some better interactions.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#14]
can you upload a .zip file, cant use .rar, what are they anyway?

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#15]
So this is BAIT only now it stands a chance of being done because its one person?

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#16]
can you upload a .zip file, cant use .rar, what are they anyway?

Just a competing compression algorithm. It's more efficient than .zip, leading to smaller files, but unfortunately not as widely supported.

WinRar is shareware, but you can also get a freeware 'unrar' program that can extract archives from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2006) [#17]
Just got my first robot model into the game. in the process of coding the animation playback. Looks good so far.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#18]
thank you xlsior,

[edit] hang on, i have the program installed, the aibotbash downloaded, now what i do?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#19]
Nice, another clone of the widely known robocode (.sf.net) :-)

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#20]
Too bad you couldnt make this in BlitzMax, then you could use LUA scripting.

But either way, this looks nice, keep going ;)