YNU Dewky and the Magic Chains

Community Forums/Showcase/YNU Dewky and the Magic Chains

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#1]

Simple Puzzle Game involving Maths with many difficulties available

Im aiming to have 3 or 4 screen layouts to choose from bland to colorfull this is one im working on for younger children

Any comments on if flaws and ways to improve welcome

[edit] New layout 24/2/06

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#2]
Pushy and the Magic Blocks...

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#3]
looks nothing like pushy

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
Screen looks nice but a bit plain for some reason. Needs the game name on it someone. PLus I guess you're going to put a menu button and score etc. What about a hint button?

What's behind the main grid of numbers, it seems to be blocky in someplaces, like near the 62 on the left of the 6th row.

good luck with this.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Devious,

I think he was just saying that because the names are quite similar. Might want to think up a new name.

Looks good though!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yeah when I first read the name I though pushy had been renamed or something or there was a sequal.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#7]
Just been looking at a few of the things said

Title Changed for the moment :(

as for the background image the blocky texture was caused by over laping brushes in ps did a quick smudge for now until i make some better brushes.

added target;score;total boards gonna scale these down a bit and maybe change their style.

Not to sure i like the title placement it just seems a bit odd might just stick to a simple "YNU" logo instead

Been working over the Sum2Pix functions for the score boards and they seem to be working nice

Adding in the particals now would prefer to use a precalc methods as the allow a serious boot to the N particals allowed but this causes a four-six second delay in loading

@devious thanks for your email cant reply atm since me mail is stopping outgoing emails ...ffs. If all goes well then I will be looking to take things further

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#8]
looks better now. Thing with the name is what the hell is "YNU Dewky", it might just sound better as "chains of tomorrow" or just "Dewky".

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#9]
Ynu stands for "yours number up" which is the villans favourite phrase in the game

Im planning on making a few variations on the Game all containing Dewky and his nemesis

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#10]
Well why not call the game "Your Number's Up" I didn't know what YNU mean and I bet 99% of other people don't either.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#11]
you have a good point but there is a board game called your number up :(

Might change it to Dewkys Chains of Tommorow
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/board-games/g-b-g-your-numbers-up!-board-game.asp

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#12]
np with the mail issue

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#13]
Dewkys Chains of Tommorow is better although don't forget the apostrophe!