Horde Slayer 2D - Screenshots & Download

Community Forums/Showcase/Horde Slayer 2D - Screenshots & Download

Matty(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi All,

On Friday evening I decided to make a simple game using some new tools I recently purchased...
and this is the result....can you beat 50,000 points (my highest score so far) - please post highest scores if you are interested.

Game may be downloaded from here: (3.9 MB - contains source code compatible with both blitz3d and blitzplus, although compiled in blitzplus)

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~gezeder/lloyd/HordeSlayer.zip

System Requirements:

It runs fine on my old AMD K-6 500 Mhz machine with a 32 MB Geforce 2 MX video card & 256 MB System RAM. It uses less than 32 MB video RAM in 16bit mode, and takes
up about 50-70 MB of system RAM according to the Windows Task Manager. Uses 800x600 screen resolution.
So I guess it should run fine on any system purchased since 2001.

To Play: Use either keyboard, or a joystick with 3 buttons, or a gamepad with at least 3 buttons

Cursor keys / Joystick / Gamepad to move around the screen (fixed play area)
Joystick Button 1 / keyboard Z - light attack, does little damage but if you hit someone who is currently being knocked back then you gain an additional 300 points and knock them back again
Joystick Button 2 / keyboard X - knock back attack, does fair amout of damage and knocks enemies back
Joystick Button 3 / keyboard C - power attack - kills all enemies adjacent to you but damages yourself slightly.

TAB - display video memory consumed and frame rate (should be locked to about 60 frames per second)

If you wait at the menu screen for about 10 seconds the above instructions are displayed on screen.

Thanks,
Matt Lloyd

EDIT - After playing this version for the last little while my highest score is actually 38095.

EDIT - My new high score 41345. (Tip - play it like a game of squash)

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#2]
This reminds me of World Of Warcraft PvP servers... one Horde player against 3 or more Alliance.

I'll give it a whirl later. Was one of the new tools you got a modelling package by any chance?

puki(Posted 2006) [#3]
Wow, looks interesting.

Will have to take a look in the next day or two.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#4]
The tool I recently purchased was poser artist (poser 4) and a few content packs including some motion captured animation sequences (which I had to cut down heavily). Note that I am using 2d renders of the poser models - not the 3d models themselves as I am not allowed to do that. Although I am thinking that I prefer 2d and if I was to do it again my Gauntlet Remake (Blood & Plunder) would be in 2d also. I also used Vue Easel for the title and help screens.

I am thinking I'd like to expand on this at some stage, to extend the game's lifespan so if anyone has ideas on what could be changed/added I'd welcome them.

EDIT - My New High Score - 45435 points.

EDIT - My New High Score - 49820 points - 7th Feb 8:00pm