Ice-Teroids

Community Forums/Showcase/Ice-Teroids

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#1]
Seeing as I mentioned being close to finishing this off elsewhere I thought I'd post a screenie. It's really just a precursor to a more ambitious project, but I wanted a complete (ie levels/waves, music, sfx, attract, redefinable keys etc) game under my belt first... start small 'n' all that.

I'm doing the SFX at the moment and finding it a grind (because all the interesting coding stuff is out of the way) but it'll get there (well, here) eventually.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#2]
Wow looks nice!!! I'll definately check iths one out when it is finished.

Feel free to share this game over at www.shmup-dev.com as it would probably gain some interest there as its a site that focuses on games like this! :)

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yeah I'd been meaning to register - got the spacey backdrop from a site linked by one of your asset threads*.

*EDIT: This is no longer true - it's now been replaced with one I drew myself.

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#4]
Because the world can't have too many Asteroids clones.

Foppy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Nice game! At first I thought it was too difficult but a few tries later I could already defend the ship a little bit. I guess the obvious tactic is to clean up small chunks before creating more of them ;).

Ah, you write in the readme file that the dangerous tactic of first shooting all big parts actually gives most points, nice scoring system! :)

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#6]
Cool! Might I recommend posting about it at the shmup-dev forums? perhaps even adding it to the showcase? :)

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks chaps - I was beginning to wonder if anyone would take a look!

@Matt: There's one in-game issue I want to address, after which I'll post (what should be the final version) over at shmup-dev. Should be a couple of days.

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#8]
New update available - coupla changes, the most interesting of which is an optimisation to the particle system which should allow you to add at least a bit more eye candy (press TAB for the debug menu).

Please replace the previous version with this if you didn't chuck it straight in the recycle bin!