first nano release is here...

Community Forums/Showcase/first nano release is here...

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#1]
It's out... first multiplayer beta of nano. After lot's of sweat and tears I finally got something to show. It's not a full game yet, but it's a beginning.

So visit www.bonebroke.com and see what it's all about...

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#2]
At last :)

SSS(Posted 2006) [#3]
This is amazing! Seriously, I think this is the singlemost impressive project ever created in Blitz. I remember when you came out with your first physics demo ages ago, i never thought it would amount to anything like this! Congratulations. I can't wait for single player, that is going to be great.

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#4]
The mouse control takes some getting used to.

Wish I had some friends to play against.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#5]
Got this message when trying to unzip the main game file ...

! C:\Documents and Settings\stevie\Desktop\nanobeta10.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#6]
Download it again? Works fine here.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah, worked fine on second attempt. Looking forward to this!! :)

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#8]
This has been a long time coming. As expected it looks fantastic with very impressive physics ... but ...

The demo would be much more fun with a few CPU players ( even at the lowest Ai setting ). Without another player I can't really do anything but explore so it's impossible to determine how it will play when a bit more is going on :(

Stevie

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#9]
heh cool, kind of reminds me of one of my favourite Atari St games 'OIDS'.

Dustin(Posted 2006) [#10]
Congrats Bouncer! We've all been following this one for a loooooong time. Glad to see you've pushed it through. Now if I can just find someone to try it with...

wizzlefish(Posted 2006) [#11]
Best. Blitz game. Ever.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2006) [#12]
Pretty cool ... was there a server browser that I missed? I couldn't find any games to join.

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#13]
Very pretty environment. I agree with all the above.. after the initial.. "wow this is pretty" wears off.. theres nothing left without some ai units in there.

Very good job, im sure you will sell this well.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#14]
Verrrrry Coooool... i kept waiting for Raquel Welch to appear with those antibody things wrapped all around her, so i could save her with my nano ray :)

yeah... this is gonna be a smash... it's gonna make you rich...

--Mike

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#15]
Wow. Major problems.

The title image ("nano") approaches the camera, fills the entire screen, but remains almost completely opaque. A line of transparency flickers diagonally (/) across the screen, growing in size and allowing me to see the menus underneath.

Mousing over a menu option causes it to grow indefinitely tall. Mousing out causes the option to shrink down to nothing and become invisible.

I couldn't manage to work the menus in order to get the game to play.

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440, 1.6GHz, .5GB RAM. I haven't had any problems with any other Blitz games. I'm pretty sure I tried out an alpha of Nano many moons ago.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#16]
This is excellent.
I can see Nano branching away nicely from the generic "arcade shoot everything that moves" game... lots of room in there for cooperative stuff. (Maybe even puzzlish things?)

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#17]
Thanks... anyone else having problems than octo? I'm trying to get rid of any possible major bugs at this point. And I'm really worried of what might pop up.. :)

Stevie G and RifRaf: There's going to be A.I. enemies and I'm even plannin full scale singleplayer campain, witch coul be played also in co-op.

octothorpe: Wow ;) Do you have WinXP? Sounds like some weird stuff happening... To bad I have no idea what would cause it. Guess I'll try and find myself a GeForce 4 MX card somewhere...

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#18]
Cool. Bouncer, works fine on my Gf440mx with XP Pro.

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#19]
Works fine on my GF440mx (AGP). Looks great, can't wait for internet/single player modes.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#20]
works fine on my 9800XT XP SP2. Not really my typoe of game but clearly well made.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#21]
Yeah I got some problems.

The GFX card crashes intermittantly, but only after I start the actual game play.

The game stops and starts every 3-4 seconds making gameplay impossible. Everything actually pauses for a few seconds before resuming.

[edit]The pausing goes away after about 2 mins.

Good luck with this, you really do need some elements of playability though, the physics are nice but the wow factor is short lived.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#22]
Yeah, very nicely polished game. Well done.

Ironically, it ran perfectly well on my old rig which is actually below the minimum specs. :P

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#23]
Indiepath: There's going to be much more content and I think the playability is pretty good even now if you get to play it with 2-3 people. There's lot's of stuff you can find out and different tactics to use.

As for the crashing or pausing on your rig I don't have any idea. I'll try to find some machines where I can get this behaviour to occur...

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#24]
Yes, XP Pro

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#25]
Octo:
Could you try this testbuild http://www.bonebroke.com/downloads/nanobeta11.zip

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#26]
Exactly the same problems. :(

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#27]
:( Have you updated your gfx drivers recently. That might help. Because here seems to be people with winXP pro and GeForce 440mx and they have no probs...

I can't diagnose this any further... I'll try if I can find a machine that does the same as yours...

But thanks for help...

ErikT(Posted 2006) [#28]
Primo stuff! I don't like how the aim drifts off when the nanothing is falling, it makes it hard to rain relentless punishment on your opponent. But that might just be my Turboraketti nostalgia talking :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#29]
Congratulations BTW. Great work!

Jeroen(Posted 2006) [#30]
Impressive stuff! The best game in Blitz I have seen until now.

One thing: the interface is sometimes hard to read because of the level in the background. Perhaps an idea to dim the brightness of the level during menu navigation?

GrahamK(Posted 2006) [#31]
Not downloaded yet... But all I can say is YaaaaaY !

REALLY REALLY glad this is coming along so well. Keep up the great work Bouncer, and you'll have a real hit on your hands...

<fx:scuttles off to download>

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#32]
Octothorpe: One more important question... Do you happen to have ServicePack 1 ??

Thanks.

Bouncer(Posted 2006) [#33]
ALSO: Is there anyone who had NO problems with nano and has WinXP with SP1??

Thanks. I would love to know.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#34]
Works fine here :o) very cool man. Looks amazing!