MaxEdit form editor for Maxgui

Community Forums/Showcase/MaxEdit form editor for Maxgui

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here my new version of MaxEdit

only toolbar and tabber and menu creation are not there
you can save project, save source , delete gadget and I'm adding more functionality. hope you like it.

next , I will work on menu creation and adding those control that I miss to integrate.

and I forget to tell that it's free

here the file

http://www.info-tech2000.com/MaxEdit4.zip

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
Thanks a lot for sharing. Unfort. people often don't realize the value of things that are for free. Imagine a Mercedes for free - can it be any good? ;)

degac(Posted 2006) [#3]
Good work...many thanks, it's a time-saver for me!

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks

well this version is free and I will do update for it !
It will help me for my other project.

I plan to make a code Editor with the form editor
and be able to code a gadget directly when click on it and have all the event that is attached to this kind of gadget.... like VB sort of ! I realise by coding this that the BmaxUI is not what I would like, with 2500 line of code sometime it's hard to find the code I working, Function should be appart of the main program..

jfk EO-11110 you are right with the Mercedes :) well it's my first release here on the forum, the community help me a lot so I want to give something in exchange.

there will be a next version soon!

Regard.

degac(Posted 2006) [#5]
2500 line? You could use Bmax object-oriented features...I'm planning a tool like your (well, it was started 3 days after I bought MaxGUI module, then I drop it because I need to 'understand' how gadgets work...) and it is hardly based on common method & functions...
byez

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hehe, I didn't mean to say "stop releasing freeware" :) Freeware is cool, tho I understand authors cannot live from data traffic only.

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#7]
degac even if you use object-oriented you can't archive something like this below 1000line of code... just bmax IDE contain 5266 line of code :)

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#8]
Interesting... I'm over 5,500 lines with mine, which I don't think is nearly half finished yet, and it's very much OO-based.

Personally, I don't think it's the amount of lines, but the quality of the implementation that counts.
But if we have to count... my TMenuEditor is 316 lines long :-)

Think I may double-space my lines from now on tho....

Anyhoo. It's looking good Smokey.
A couple of things would be nice to have :
* when saving the source, getting to choose a filename :-)
* maybe you could keep a count of how many of a specific type of gadget you have on the window, and number them appropriately? At the moment, if I add a label and then a textfield I get: label0, textfield1.

Just a thought :-)

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#9]
Hi,

it's depend of the coder I think. some can do great program with less code.

Thanks Brucey I did't think about the count , it will be easy to add this, I also notice that when you create gadget and you resize the window that the gadget resize also.. I think the gadget should not resize when window resized because if you want a gadget at 10,10 you don't want to have it at 40,40 when you resize the window, this will be fix the next version that should be available these day.

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#10]
here another update for maxedit

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?log=606&user=997

RiK(Posted 2006) [#11]
I see from the worklog you've made this in Max.

If you would like me to compile a Mac build for you I'm happy to do so (esp. as I'd like to actually *use* it on the Mac!).

:)

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#12]
Thanks RiK :)

for the moment I still working with it and there a few bug I want to fix before porting it to mac

by the way here a new version

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=997&log=606