Vorboils goes clock crazy!

Community Forums/Showcase/Vorboils goes clock crazy!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
Added some more analogue clock faces. These can be various sizes and can be tweaked further (hand colour etc). These are just the analogue clocks - they are digital clocks too. Version 2.04 is coming soon...

Does anyone have an other suggestions / requests for different clock faces?

For those wndering what Vorboils is...

Vorboils is an awesome 3D screen saver. It generates beautiful, random wormholes that wobble, mutate and amaze.

Vorboils is highly configurable (currently supports 232 configurable options) and can even run in interactive mode!

Vorboils can automatically generate funky wallpapers and automatically update your desktop too! All images generated by Vorboils are royalty free abd can be used for mobile phone themes to T-shirts.

Vorboils can sync your PC time to an on-line atomic clock, accurate to 1 second in 6 million years! It can display the current time on a 3D analogue or 2D digital clock both with many wacky faces/fonts!

Vorboils can also optionally display a spinning cube (with a different image on each face) - great for advertising your business or displaying your photos.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#2]
They look a bit kitch, like you drew basic shapes and applied generic fills and filters. Oh hold on, that IS what you did. Vorbolis is fairly interesting but these clocks make it look worse imho. Something like a weird 3d rendered clock with lots of high detail and "craftsmanship" would be cool tho. If you had one very good one it would be enough.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#3]
They look good to me. Who cares how they were created?!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks big10p, that's what I thought and anyway what's wrong with kitsch?

And whats wrong with basic shapes? HL2 is made out of just triangles and 0s and 1s!!!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
Actually it is true that the clocks aren't in keeping with the 3D tunnel effect now, something cool and digital looking may be more relevant (what, I don't know?)

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#6]
HL2 is made out of just triangles and 0s and 1s!!!

That's odd, i never found a triangle powerup, or a 01001 enemy rushing at me. It's a matter of taste i guess.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#7]
Well Grey it does have digital clocks too - let me take some screenies and post em

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#8]

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#9]
The thing is you can use Vorboils to sync your pc time and turn your pc into a funky clock when it's not being used. I don't imagine many people will sit and look at for any length of time.

Look at it this way - imagine it as a clock with a crazy background not the other way round - does that help?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#10]
Yeah I saw thoses before, the suit it more than the clock face imho. To be honest I guess I meant some way to make a cool analohue clock with a technoish look and feel and font, don;t know if that's poss?

btw I replied to your mouse cursor thread:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=54625

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#11]
Thanks Grey,

well you can choose either a digital clock (various styles) or an analogue clock (various styles) or NONE AT ALL!

It's up to the user thats the beauty of this!

You can even design you own for inclusion in the next release.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#12]
Go grab 2.04 here...

www.boiledsweets.com/vorboils