'Surviving' game Freeware!

Community Forums/Showcase/'Surviving' game Freeware!

HNPhan(Posted 2005) [#1]
Yep, I'm releasing the game 'surviving' as freeware in honor of the new year and my website, so check it out.
http://hnphan.com

**maybe i shoulve put this in with the other thread**

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
This is fantastic - I would have payed money for this.

OJay(Posted 2005) [#3]
yeah nice one. altough it gets a bit boring in the last 10-15 levels (maximum towers build, all upgrades made).

and the last boss enemy is a really ugly one! ;D

puki(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hey, some nice looking stuff here - I will have to take a rather long snifter through it.

I'm the type of person that pays for code - if you know what I mean - nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Mr Bullfrog

HNPhan(Posted 2005) [#5]
Ojay, the game was made for 'hell' difficulty
;)

OJay(Posted 2005) [#6]
ok tigerz...my only problem is: even in 'hard' i cant get it to level 3 ;>

puki(Posted 2005) [#7]
When I'm hard I get it to go all the way.

Super-Large.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
puki: what, in your hand?

Hmm, this game looks well made!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#9]
i enjoyed the paradise island demo... left it running and noticed the day night cycle... and a lil rain squall that came up...

also, i roamed around the island and found a burning wreckage... a plane???

really nice stuff....

--Mike

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#10]
Fun little game! :)

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#11]
TigerZ

Wow just downloaded your "Balchak" - WOW! That is a fab piece of work dude!

This just shows what is possible with the right talent in your team - I am very impressed!

Island demo is pretty neat too - I'd like to see this full screen.

Worked on PSP SSX On Tour too? HmmI have been thinking about buying this game - what's it really like is it worth me parting with my hard earned cash?

IPete2.

HNPhan(Posted 2006) [#12]
I always wanted to make a game out of island paradise with revamped graphics, but I just never got the time to do it.

SSX on Tour is a good game IMO, but it's gonna depend on what you want in a handheld game, its pretty much the same as SSX3 plus some more stuff into it.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#13]
Cool, Thanks TigerZ, I may well check that game out - I have and love SSX3 on PS2 - it rocks.

Yes there is a sense of something bigger in it - I love the light - dark transition too and the sound and the fireflies and the palm trees.

IPete2.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#14]
Thanks! I played the heck out of the demo, because it was a lot of fun. But because of a bug with older versions of blitz and newer videocards, it wouldn't run on my new comp. Now I can play it again!

HNPhan(Posted 2006) [#15]
ya, that is weird most of the old demo I compiled years ago wouldnt run on my machine, worked on some and didnt work on others. Once I recompiled it works on my new machine now... rather odd, probably an update thingy..

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#16]
The bug was with non-powers-of-two textures. Blitz normally automatically resizes textures to a size that'll work, but that functionality got broke.

gosse(Posted 2006) [#17]
I can't beat the second level at hell :(

HNPhan(Posted 2006) [#18]
that's why its called hell ;)

dont worry, it IS possible, just really hard

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#19]
Awesome game! How do you improve the cooldown?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#20]
Nm, stupid question :o) That big dude at the end is a bitch :o(