Candy Cascade (or em Tetris)

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy Cascade (or em Tetris)

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi I've finally completed my first game, It's called Candy Cascade and it's my take on Tetris.

You can download it here Candy Cascade (1.09 Mb)

But before you download it a word of warning it looks like this...

Have fun and let me know what you think (cc@...)

Any comments or suggestions to cc@...

deps(Posted 2005) [#2]
I like the look of it. But maybe the blocks could need a little more work. Maybe a bit more candly like? The red and blue L's could be candy canes. The I could be a twix/snickers/whatever looking candy. Would fit the name better. :)

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#3]
Now you've got me thinking... If only I could get some sponsorship from a candy maker and then I could provide IP space withing the game $,$$$,$$$ ;o)

Cheers

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#4]
The zip files is broken.
I get an error while extracting!

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hi Grisu,

I've rebuilt the zip file and it works fine for me in Power Archiver 2006, could you try again and see how it goes?

Thanks

Merx

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#6]
doesn't work for me merx. I used winzip 10 - it extracted it, however when i run the game it just flashes a screen up. I'll try using a different extracter.

edit: just tried it with Power Archiver 2006 and - extracts but no run. I just comes up with loading screen, mabey its looking for external files that do't exist.

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#7]
Note to self don't release anything at 3am until you've tested it thoroughly yourself.

Sorry I think I've forgotten to incbin a file!!!

I'll get this sorted and get back to you...

It should be sorted now!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#8]
Reckon you could get sponsored by 'Tunes' cough sweets with those gfx.

*(Posted 2005) [#9]
be careful about trying to sell tetris like games, I got a warning from shareit about it as I put tetris like in the description of tile cascade. It appears that the company that holds the licence to tetris is actively stamping on ANYONE trying to use the tetris name in anything.

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#10]
Cheers EdzUp, no problem this game is strictly freeware!

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#11]
Thanks to some very helpfull feedback the current downloadable should work fine (fingers crossed!).

Merry Christmas.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#12]
Can't run. It won't extract the fmod .dll

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#13]
Ross C, Could I ask which zip utility your are using, as It seems fine for me, and I'll need to test it with the same make and model of zip utility to find out what's wrong?

Regards

Merx

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#14]
I've used WinZip 8.0 and i tried WinRAR 3.0 BETA 7

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#15]
Could you please try the download again, the download worked for WinZip 8.0 for me?

Regards

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#16]
I'm only using WinZip 6.3 and it's fine.

Nicely done, if a little garish ;-) A suggestion is that the rotate keys shouldn't keep rotating if held down otherwise it sometimes makes a double rotate (or more) instead of a single. Really you should have to "tap" the rotate key multiple times for multiple turns imho. See my Tetroid for an example. http://www.greyaliengames.com/tetroid/tetroid.shtml