Tower Defence RC1

Community Forums/Showcase/Tower Defence RC1

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi ppl,
Here is our game - www.TowerDefence.com

In this game you must build your defense using towers.

Screenshots:

Demo you can get from here:
http://www.towerdefence.com/TowerDefence.exe

Please let me know if it is crash on your system, and post "game.log" content.

Maxus(Posted 2005) [#2]
Nice GAME!!!
I Like this GAME!!!

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
Looking good as ever, updated TutorialEng.txt:

*EDIT* I changed the word voodoo to magic since that's what they're called on the tooltip but I noticed they're called voodoo towers when you view the properties. It would be a good idea to unify this and use either Magic Tower or Voodoo Tower for all.

kragoth74(Posted 2005) [#4]
Very nice! And addictive... This is a high quality game, original and polished. Great job!

Shambler(Posted 2005) [#5]
Not run it yet but wowsers from the screenshot you look like you've really been busy!

I was just about to ask since I paid for the beta version where my update email was, but then checked my email and there it was!

Downloading now, merry christmas! ;)

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#6]
Ohh found bug with Survival mode.
Uploaded new version. Fixed game texts mistakes(Thanks Perturbatio!), fixed bug with Survival mode and bug with loading game in 2-nd location, when raids becomes negative.

And those who downloaded first version, please do not cheat in Survival mode :) Or at least do not send scores to online highscore table if you have cheated. :)

New version can be downloaded from old location: http://www.towerdefence.com/TowerDefence.exe

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hey guys nice job - great looking too!

IPete2.

deps(Posted 2005) [#8]
Looks really good!

gman(Posted 2005) [#9]
great job. something to really be proud of :) unique, beautiful, fun, and... addictive ;) its way past my bedtime and i still cant make it past the second defense :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#10]
That looks nice!
I really like the in-game menu.

semar(Posted 2005) [#11]
Nice and addictive game, congratulations !

Sergio.

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#12]
Thanks! :)

Pete Rigz(Posted 2005) [#13]
Great game, lots of fun!

There's a bug in windowed mode where the mouse becomes very slugish. On my faster PC at home its not as evident (ati x800 pro) but this work one (ati 9550) is unplayable. It's not an FPS thing for sure, the game runs smooth on both PCs, just the mouse is sluggish. I tried with and without vsync, same thing happens in both cases.

semar(Posted 2005) [#14]
Same for me, the mouse acts someway strange, even in fullscreen.

I get a MAV (Memory Access Violation) error when I press CTRL+ALT+CANC to lock the computer; after unlock, the game bombs out with the MAV.

Other than this, TowerDefence runs smooth and it's quite addictive. The orc animations are pretty good, I like the way their 'soul' evanish when 'killed', the water in the 2nd level moves also nicely, the overall graphic gives an immersive experience.

However, I would add more 'power' to the upgrade system - the one changed with 'experience'; right now the cost is high, and the weapons does not really become very strong, when compared with the orcs..

Also, some raid comes with just one monster, which is a really strong one ! no weapons seem to take effect, and it is indeed really angry, because when it passes the level, lots of innocents are eliminated...

I've got also a small quirck by saving and loading a game. I've once experienced this: once loaded a previous saved game, the loaded level were without towers - while I know there where a lot ! Going back to menu, and selecting new game, and then loadgame, has cured this behaviour.

Last but not least: the cost of any tower upgrade, in my opinion should be shown in the main tower desription; because it's quite annoying to have to check it each time by hovering the mouse on the upgrade button.

I mean, right now if I want to know how much would cost upgrading a tower, I have to select that tower, and then hover the mouse on the upgrade button. Would be better to show the current upgrade cost togheter with the other tower informations in the main panel.

Regards,
Sergio.

P.S.
I can't figure out how to pass the 2nd level... Tried also all the three ice/poisons/fire upgrades - which are expensive ! - but when the orcs get faster, there's not way to stop them... any hint ?

P.S.2
How can I get the survival mode working ? Is that enabled only in a licensed version ? Because when I press 'Survival mode', nothing happens.

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#15]
Thanks for comment!

>I can't figure out how to pass the 2nd level... Tried also all the three ice/poisons/fire upgrades - which are expensive ! - but when the orcs get faster, there's not way to stop them... any hint ?

Upgrade towers to their max. Place fires far from each other. Upgrade Poison magic a lot and place Plant towers between roads.

Defoc8(Posted 2005) [#16]
hmmm..i grabbed this - i was totally suprised, its great :]
- at first i thought, hmmm...kinda lame, is that it?!..then
- i discovered..erm..well, i kept playing it....and again,
- and again...and again :/ :]

The only thing that suprised me was that it slowed down
quite a lot on my system - my system is only 800mhz with
radeon 9600pro, but i dont really folllow why it slows down
so much...hmmm, are all those beasties using boned
animation?...or are they md2?
Are you using any kind of spacial partioning to break areas
up..or as you simply testing collision between all active objects?

anyway..it rocks ;) - goodluck :]

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#17]
Looks great ... I'll have to give it a play!

mr.keks(Posted 2005) [#18]
"Also, some raid comes with just one monster, which is a really strong one ! no weapons seem to take effect, and it is indeed really angry, because when it passes the level, lots of innocents are eliminated..." <- you have to build ice towers. they freeze the monster they attack and as theres only one monster it is frozen all the time and you can easily kill it :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#19]
Apparently something you're using in the app is listed as malicious by spybot S&D

*EDIT*

It *looks* like it could be a false positive.

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#20]
Perturbatio
Hmm.. it is very bad.:(
I haven't using any extra software... just compiled blitz exe.
I'll download Spybot and check files.

Thank you for figure this out!

Defoc8
If it runs too slow, try to slow down game time and disable VSync option in Settings.
All monsters are md2. Boned .B3Ds were too slow for this game.

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#21]
Just checked all system with Spybot(with latest database) and didn't found any spyware or adware.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#22]
You might want to mail the Spybot creators (It's the Spybot S&D resident app, TeaTimer that's showing this message).

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#23]
This game is nice, but needs an auto-savepoint after each new level!

And I don't know how one can kill the boss monsters. IMPOSSIBLE? :/

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#24]
And I don't know how one can kill the boss monsters. IMPOSSIBLE? :/

nah, you just need to plan a little better :)

gosse(Posted 2005) [#25]
ohhh, so this game is written in Blitz eh?

as I'm not getting any answers on the topic on CodersWorkshop, I'll repost here:

Wow, truely awesome and addictive. I'm really impressed.
I have a few questions though:
What were the tools used?
What installer do you use, it's pretty neat?
Can we get a complete lay out of who worked on this game?

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#26]
Hi @rtur !

I play`d the game and this game looks very good.
The graphics is great but the sound of the game are all loops.

When you have interesst to change the music into your game, countact me by e-mail at : webmaster@...

I create music since 1981. My instruments are drums, piano and guitar. I take high professional vst`s. With this sounds are create score and high qualtity PC Game sounds.

Sounddemos from myselfe are here:

http://www.schall-tracks.de/sounds.php

My homepage is in german right know, but in the next time i translate this in english.

@rtur(Posted 2005) [#27]
GoSsE Korupted
Yes, this game written in Blitz3D.
No extra tools, installer - Inno setup
Game code programmed by me, graphics done by Buck.
:)

Blitzblaster
Yes, we need good music:) I'll contact you soon.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#28]
Ok @rtur, see you soon !

Ice9(Posted 2005) [#29]
Very nice game.

semar
I found on both levels if I build two towers, one for
walking enemies and one for flying enemies and upgrade them
all the way before building new levels that I can beat them
both ... except the second level when the demo runs out.

on the second level concentrate on building and upgrading
the walking tower for the first two raids then concentrate
on the flying tower.

gosse(Posted 2005) [#30]
Hmm, I'm not able to kill the second boss second level in the demo. :(
Is there skills that are preferable to get that flying @#!*?

mr.keks(Posted 2005) [#31]
if you have an ice magic tower, you can kill every boss..

Ice9(Posted 2005) [#32]
how is the score assessed?

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#33]
I have a problem with the second level from the demo.
I`m not higher at 23 / 30. That very bad...what can i do ?

Edit: Ok now i see the demo screen with the option to buy this game. And yes....i buy it. This is a very nice game and i have fun with it. Keep up the great work !

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#34]
Ice9
In Story mode score=your peoples
In Survival score=current raid

After each location all money converts into ppl(100 gold=1 ppl)

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#35]
Hi ppl,
We've released new version 1.6.
Bugsixed and with improved balance.

http://www.towerdefence.com/TowerDefence.exe

Also there are some info about towers,monsters, gui buttons and some tips:
http://www.towerdefence.com/towers.htm
http://www.towerdefence.com/monst.htm
http://www.towerdefence.com/exp.htm
http://www.towerdefence.com/tips.htm
http://www.towerdefence.com/gui.htm

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#36]
Man, your server is slooooooooooow :o) Downloading demo!

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#37]
:(

What speed of download?

And can any one suggest good hosting located in USA?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#38]
Yeah! I got it. Well worth the wait. I love these sorts of games. Well done! I love it!

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#39]
I finnally downloaded this game and was playing it for the last hour or so....verry addictive...I may even buy one...

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#40]
BTW we have released new version. Game name changed, now it is called- Master of Defense
www.master-of-defense.com

Changes history:
1.66e
Fixed bug with "stop attack" button for Freeze tower

Fixed bug with Congratulations.

Changed tutorial texts
Added descriptions for each upgade and magic
The Experience Points Menu pop up automatically in second location after tuturial window.
Keyboard function to cycle through your towers wia Tab key is improved
If a Monster or Boss enters the village and is resisted, a message appears.
Balloon is now present in the Living Stone Map. And it is situated always in the middle of location.
Added Balloon button to Towers buttons list which points camera to Balloon.
Added ability to sell back feature for skills. Player receives back half of spent Experience points.
Added Cancel button to Skills upgrade window. Player can cancel last upgrades and downgrades made before he push Ok button.
All monsters and towers stops when Skills upgade window is shown.
Small "stop attack" button added for Freeze tower, to disable/enable it if needed. All disabled towers enables automaticaly when next raid starts.

Added two difficult modes. "Defenser - Hero", "Desenser - Legend" and final - "Master Of Defense".

Added 6-th location with 45 raids.
Replaced menu sound track with new one, and added new soundtrack for 6-th location.
Added extra fire ability for Magic towers. It is 6-th Fire Magic upgrade. Costs-200 exp points.
Villagers now coming one by one during next location. After final location they are just added to scores automaticaly.
Towers Range now can be upgraded up to 12 level. (it is neccessary for 6-th location)
Added alternative Death animation for monsters. It is puddle of blood. Can be swithed only in Settings.vdd file. Must be DeathMode=1. It may be usefull for hardcore portals, while default animation(DeathMode=0) is good for kids and casual portals.
Fixed bug with restart on last raid of each location(It had show Congratulations window before insted of correct restart)
Fixed bug with monsters appearing while player show/hide upgrades window. Now they appears correctly.
Added icon for Alt+Tab and window title when game runs in windowed mode.
Monsters was alive with zero lifes. Fixed.
Fixed bug with Help screen with GameOver/Congratulations windows
Removed villagers income when their amount are less then 20.
Fixed hotkeys Save/Load bug with GameOver/Congratulations windows

Panno(Posted 2006) [#41]
like it

Steven Noyce(Posted 2006) [#42]
Cool game!
How many copies have you sold?