Vorboils 2.03 Released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Vorboils 2.03 Released!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#1]
Yup another version (this might be the last).

What's New?

• Added option to enable dithering (to remove colour banding in 16 bit mode).
• Added option to trap and prevent ‘sys’ keys, i.e. the Windows key, ALT-TAB etc (and disable sticky keys).

• Added a 2D digital clock with various font options.
• Improved the performance of the update clock routine (use faster camera switch and now only update the clock if we have a new time, i.e. once every second as opposed to updating it sixty times every second!) – OOPS!

• Added some error handling in case we load a corrupt theme to prevent a crash.

• The setup executable now has version and copyright information.
• Added prompt to allow the user to remove any user generated themes and screen shots during the un-installation process.
• The Vorboils web site shortcut was not being uninstalled – fixed.
• The screen saver preview dialog was not being called correctly on Win 98.

• Fixed typo in the Textures/Number of segments section.
• Made the ‘change chance’ sliders more sensitive.
• Added an ‘Are you sure…’ prompt when deleting a theme.
• The reset to default option was not working for the lights and textures.
• When resetting the clock defaults the clock faces list was becoming duplicated.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Vorboils is an awesome 3D screensaver. It generates beautiful, random wormholes that wobble, mutate and amaze.

Vorboils is highly configurable and can even run in interactive mode. Vorboils can auto generate random wallpapers for your desktop too!

Vorboils can display a 3D clock and sync your PC time to an online atomic clock, accurate to 1 second in 6 million years!

Vorboils can optionally display a spinning cube with an image of your choice - great for advertising your business!

www.boiledsweets.com/Vorboils

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Great stuff as usual! This idea of business ads is cool. This coulnd become a selfrunner, if it's one popular in the search engine. You probably could make some money.

BTW I wonder how does this tube work? Do you reconstruct it each frame and add and remove triangles, or is it some kind of lego system that is using elements that are tiling?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#3]
jfk,

The name "Vorboils" was choosen carefully, i.e. no google hits. However if you try now you will see it is number one hit plus 2, 3, 4 etc...

The tunnel is simply a manually created cylinder and the vertexes are moved. The textures are built in real time.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#4]
I wondered what all that gibberish was when I meant to search for 'vorbis'. =]

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
"The tunnel is simply a manually created cylinder and the vertexes are moved. The textures are built in real time"

Uh! So simple but this didn't come to my mind! Once again: Why should I make something the simple way when it can be complicated ? <:°]