ColdSteel SDK Early Adopter released !!!

Community Forums/Showcase/ColdSteel SDK Early Adopter released !!!

JaviCervera(Posted 2005) [#1]
The Early Adopter version of the ColdSteel SDK has been released. Please have in mind that this version is still techniqually in beta state. Many features are not implemented yet (like detailed collision information, physics, audio, or networking), and it only contains the font, material, and particle editors (physics and scene editors will come soon). The software may contain bugs also.

A demo version of the SDK will be released in the next couple of days. If you are unsure of purchasing the engine, you should wait to try the demo before.

Current features:

Core
- Windows 98/ME/2K/XP platforms.
- All functions documented.
- Supports packed media (to have all the files of your game inside a single compressed package).
- File system with support for reading data inside compressed packages.
- Integrated XML parser and writer.
- Fast collision detection and response.
- The engine comes as a dll, to integrate it with any application or programming language.*

Rendering
- High performance rendering through DirectX9 and OpenGL**.
- Indoor and outdoor scene management.
- Octree rendering for mesh occlusion.
- Bone and vertex based character animation.
- LOD-based terrain rendering.
- Billboards.
- Light maps.
- Realtime volumetric shadows.
- Dynamic lights.
- Alpha-blending.
- Environment mapping.
- Bump & parallax mapping.
- Pixel and vertex shaders, up to version 3.0 (HLSL, GLSL, and ASM shaders are supported.)
- Particle effects.
- Custom bitmap fonts.
- Supports multiple model formats: md2, x, ms3d, my3d.
- Supports multiple texture formats: bmp, png, jpg, tga, pcx, psd.

Tools
- gile[s] exporter for the .my3d format.
- Material editor.
- Particle editor.
- Font editor.

* Comes with the needed files to use the engine with: Blitz3D, BlitzMax, BlitzPlus, C / C++, IBasic Professional, PlayBasic, PureBasic.
** OpenGL renderer is still considered beta.

ColdSteel SDK Early Adopter is available for purchase at the price of 39.95€.

If you want to purchase, go here.

Please visit the official forums at: http://www.coldsteelengine.com/forums/

http://www.coldsteelengine.com

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#2]
Oooh, and it's Payday!

not that i'll see any of it. :P

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#3]
Cool - demos? :)

JaviCervera(Posted 2005) [#4]
I hope to get the demo version out for next week :)

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#5]
I'm waiting for a demo.

Ed(Posted 2006) [#6]
I bought this on the 26th December and still haven't received any details on how to get it - and the forums have mysteriously disappeared...

I'd advise caution! :(

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#7]
Forums are being upgraded to phpBB. Will be available later today.

Registration information were sent to you on Dec 27, 2005 01:39:59 GMT hour +1.

Will send it to you again, I am currently busy configuring htaccess on the new server.

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#8]
Your registration information has been sent again, from the mail address coldsteeleng AT coldsteelengine DOT com.

This is a temp mail address that I have created while support AT coldsteel DOT com and paypal AT coldsteel DOT com are reconfigured in the server (should be in a couple of minutes).

You should be able to login into http://www.coldsteelengine.com/private/ with the login info in the mail. If you haven't received the mail, please tell me another mail account you have (better a non-free account) where I can send it at.

Once everything is sorted out, I would appreciate if you delete your post, as it looks like you lost the mail or your mail client filtered it as spam, Ed, and comments like that are not good for ColdSteel marketing.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#9]
Ed, I've bought stuff frmo Jedive previously and he's one of the BEST when it comes to customer service :)

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#10]
Mail accounts working now, configuring the new forums.

Thanks for your comments, Cygnus :)

Ed(Posted 2006) [#11]
Well, I certainly didn't lose the mail and the second one came straight through into my inbox so it wasn't lost/filtered, so I don't particularly appreciate you making it a problem at my end and neither do I appreciate you trying to make me feel bad for writing what I did.

But, regardless, I've got it now and I'm very happy with it, so my earlier fears are now unfounded. :)

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#12]
I was not pretending tobe harsh, Ed.

I didn't receive any error message when I sent the original message to you, so it seemed that it arrived correctly, so I don't know what happened.

I simply wanted to state that I am trying to give the best support I can offer to my customers, and I am giving away registration codes in a couple of hours after purchase.

Anyway, it's good to know that everything is working correctly for you now. I'll try to have the new forums ready tomorrow.

sigi(Posted 2006) [#13]
No forums since a week, what`s up???

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#14]
New forums are available but not announced yet: http://www.coldsteelengine.com/forums

When you register, you are told that you'll get an e-mail to confirm your account registration, but it does not seem to work. Once it has been sorted out, it will be ready.

Also, I am designing a new webpage.

sigi(Posted 2006) [#15]
Have found it before, thank You.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#16]
So when will we have a demo?

Does it run with irrlicht 0.14 ?

Can we access all the commands that irrlicht has to offer?

Are there any free docs or samples we can look at ?

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#17]
Demo will be released with update 0.9.1, before the end of this month.

Yes, it uses Irrlicht 0.14.

It supports basically everything IrrLicht has, except for direct access to mesh buffers and a few other things (which will be added soon). It also has more things that IrrLicht does not support. You can register materials and particle data with a name, and then find them searching by their name. You can also load them from disk, so you can get the materials and particles saved in the editors that ColdSteel has :)

Free docs will be available with the demo.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#18]
Whowowow, that sounds awesome! Irrlicht 0.14 is really great stuff! I realllly hope that you make good docs, if not in the first release then at least during the next month. More questions.

Will the demo allow us to test the art path? I mean will we be able to import and test the exported meshes as fully as we do in the "full" version?

Will the supported 3d formats (which i know nothing about) allow us to apply a normal map easily without much tinkering and stufff?

Will there be stencil shadows or will i have to code another free lib for CS also? :P

Thanks

ICECAP(Posted 2006) [#19]
Will it have specular shading on the textures?
I see you say shader 3.0, I cant wait to play around with it.
When is the planned release of v1.0?
And... :) How does it intergrate with Blitz3D?

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#20]
I'll answer that :P You can go to the irrlicht website and have a look at shading capabilities. I think it has specular shaders in 0.14. He said the demo is around the corner so v1.0 should be also. In blitz3d you just type commands which are very similar to blitz3d commands, and you use a dll for the engine. The commands are nice and simple.