Vorboils featured in UK computer mags!

Community Forums/Showcase/Vorboils featured in UK computer mags!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#1]
Vorboils is featured in Computer Buyer and Computer Shopper mags (February 2006 issue) and on the coverdisk too!

Is this the first time a Blitz3d app has been included in these mags? I don't know but I'm happy - woooooo...

Vorboils is an awesome 3D screensaver. It generates beautiful, random wormholes that wobble, mutate and amaze.

Vorboils is highly configurable and can even run in interactive mode. Vorboils can auto generate random wallpapers for your desktop too!

Vorboils can display a 3D clock and sync your PC time to an online atomic clock, accurate to 1 second in 6 million years!

Vorboils can optionally display a spinning cube with an image of your choice - great for advertising your business!

www.boiledsweets.com/Vorboils

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#2]
To my knowledge i've not been on those particular magazines with a Blitz product, well done. I know how hard it is to get shareware onto coverdisk because they consider it commercial and want to charge commercial rates, so that's a mighty achievement.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hey well done, that's great! now if only I coulda got Xmas Bonus in a mag.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
Nice one. We've managed to get our games in a few magazines including a few international ones. Fancy swapping contacts (privately)?

@Grey, we left it a bit too late for Xmas Bonus but Easter Bonus would make it :D

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#5]
I've always been contacted by magazines rather than me actively trying to contact them.... But then that would probably explain why my stuff has only been featured/mentioned in 3 magazines!

puki(Posted 2005) [#6]
Large

big10p(Posted 2005) [#7]
I got a review in a German mag once and, consequently, have no idea what they said about my game! :P

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#8]
I was in a German one too, a one page review apperently, but they never sent me a copy so I didn't get to see it :( In fact a lot of magazines fail to give me a copy even though it's the only price I charge for putting a game on the cover, over half welch on the deal even when I make a follow up call *sniff*.

Not to worry, i've got breach of contract papers ready to go out for when I want free advertising :) !

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#9]
I got free copies of the mags too :-)